Sponsored Ad:

Thread: McGill Vs University of Waterloo for PhD in Electrical Engineering

Trying to make mom and pop proud

Good post? Yes | No

Thumbs up McGill Vs University of Waterloo for PhD in Electrical Engineering

Sponsored Ad:
    Ok, So I got the news lately from two professors in McGill university and University of Waterloo that they have accepted my application and I will be receiving the admission package very soon. I am interested in finding out which school excells and which one I should attend. The professors have a similar research profile in terms of number of publications and I am truly baffled which one to choose. The admissions are for May so I have to decide as soon as possible and find an apartment for rent (there's a huge waitlist for good apartments in both cities). I have been to the campus of both schools and I have no preferance in that regards. Although I prefer Montreal lifestyle I prefer to be closer to Toronto. I'd appreciate your comments, specially which school is better known in U.S and might provide me with better opportunities in future.

Happy to be here

Good post? Yes | No
    I am an electrical enginer (I actually studied at Polytechnic) and McGill is way better and more recognize than Waterloo. McGill was named the best university in Canada many years in a row. But it is also a question of preferences.
    Goo luck

Good post? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by chebert999 View Post
    I am an electrical enginer (I actually studied at Polytechnic) and McGill is way better and more recognize than Waterloo. McGill was named the best university in Canada many years in a row. But it is also a question of preferences.
    Goo luck

Thanks but still many earthlings say waterloo is the best in Canada? I don't know which option 2 go with and if a PHD from waterloo or Mcgill is really going 2 affect my chances for a position after graduation

Happy to be here

Good post? Yes | No
    If you want to go for a PhD, it does not really matter which one you go if it is a top 5. Especially with a PhD, the position after graduation would not be a problem neither.

Within my grasp!

Good post? Yes | No
    waterloo!!

Good post? Yes | No
    I have been accepted to both Columbia (MS) and Cornell (MEng) programs. Which one is a better program? I am undecided about doing a PhD right now. I am looking forward to. Will appreciate a reply.

Good post? Yes | No

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso01 View Post
    I have been accepted to both Columbia (MS) and Cornell (MEng) programs. Which one is a better program? I am undecided about doing a PhD right now. I am looking forward to. Will appreciate a reply.

Congratulations man, please share thy background with us, I'd say Cornell is definitely the better school for EE, Columbia is more known for humanities than engineering

Good post? Yes | No
    If you want to do anything computer science, math, engineering, theory related, I would say Waterloo is stronger. If you want to have a good time, go to McGill.

Thread Information