Urch Forums

Admitted to AUBG! :)

Hi, guys and girls! I am so happy to tell you that I am admitted to one of the best universities in my country - The American University in Bulgaria (AUBG) for the 2007 fall semester (first choice - Economics). I went there myself to enroll and I can tell already that I'm really going to love my stay there. The city center is also very cool. When I start my studies there, I'll post and tell you how I feel, but I can't imagine feeling bad in such a place. :)

The thing I am most glad about is that I'll study at a prestigious American university and in the same time be at home - in Bulgaria. That is, I won't be a foreigner who has to adapt to a totally new environment and face a "cultural shock" at the beginning.

I wish you all many desired admits!!! :grad:

Congratulations, Codename Gordon, but don't you want to experience a new culture? Do you have plans to go abroad?

I do want to go abroad and see a totally different lifestyle, but it's just that I want this to happen more slightly. First, I'll get used to the language and the educational system, then I'll go to the US and face an even greater challenge when I'm more experienced. I may also visit the US for some work in the summer or for a different reason, who knows. :hmm:

What about you? Any specific plans for the future? :)

Sounds reasonable.

What about you? Any specific plans for the future? :)

I have some specific plans. They involve going to grad school in US or Canada. I graduated from Volgograd State University last year and got my master degree in physics :grad: . So I want to pursue a PhD. Now I'm in the process of making a set of schools to which I will apply. Also need to pass GRE. Oh boy... If I survive the TOEFL think I'll be just fine.