Urch Forums

Essay: Appreciate your feedback and rating

Analysis of Issue

Topic: "The best strategy for managing a business, or any enterprise, is to find the most capable people and give them as much authority as possible."

===========================

The issue of the primary factors behind the success of any enterprise or business, which has aroused considerable interest in the recent past, is a controversial one, holding considerable importance in the current era of businesses fraught with severe competition. In an attempt to resolve the issue, many people maintain that every individual in a corporation is responsible for the success of a business, a stance that upon initial consideration appears to adequately addresss the problem. However, when evaluated against the fact that the masterminds in an enterprise are the essential catalysts to any corporation, the former claim appears far less attractive. In my opinion, the latter provides a more comprehensive solution not only because of its strength but also because of its logical analyses in the times of severe competition and practical difficulties in managing large businesses.

There are many good reasons to believe that the most capable people in a corporation are the driving forces behind the success of an enterprise. Such individuals have the intellectual ability, the shrewdness and the vision of moulding a corporation from a mole hill to a mountain in terms of growth. When such individuals are given the authority, they are able to streamline the resources in an organization to drive towards success, a strategy that is paramount in current businesses, where time to market is critical and of utmost importance. Further, such individuals are also able to recruit the right kind of talent into their organizations and delegate responsibilities efficiently.

There have been many instances in history where a company struggling with the lack of good leaders has been transformed into very successful businesses by fresh talent. A classic example of successful individuals is seen in the way Joseph Tucci, the chairman and CEO of EMC Corporation, a big player in the industry of data storage, was able to transform the company from the shambles of the internet bubble in 2000. At that time, EMC Corporation had just one hardware product line, which resulted in the downfall of the corporation as demand depleted significantly in that period. At that point, it was Joseph Tucci's vision and induction of great talent into the corporation that resulted in realigning the resources in the organization to drive growth, primarily through strategic acquisitions and expanding the product line to include hardware, software and services. Today, EMC Corporation is the best storage company in the world.

EMC corporation is just one example of the myriad corporations with the most successful leaders who have thrived to manage their enterprises. Hence, in my opinion, it is very essential for such leaders to claim as much authority in channelizing the resources in an organization. They are the driving forces to enable positioning their businesses strategically in their respective industries.

===========================

I'd appreciate your feedback and comments.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow iknownoone....Here are my comments on your essay:

First, you used a very formal language...very impressive...(are you british?)... This makes the essay, from my point of view, very compelling. Great wording. Congratulations. Also you essay's pharagraphs are very well ordered... your ideas, introduction, argumentation and conclusion. Good job for the specific example of EMC Corporation.

Here's what I suggest to improve your essay:

1. I got a little confused with your first sentence. Too many commas (run on sentence). You can easily correct this by ending the sentence in "...is a controversial one." and then you can save the following "...holding considerable importance in the current era of businesses fraught with severe competition." for the conclusion. This would make more clear your introduction.

2. I would add another reason to support your reasoning. Usually, the final reason should be the strongest one.

Overall.... congratulations... very good job! ----> 5