Urch Forums

My GRE Scores are LOW!!!

GRESWEDEN

Hey guys! What's up? I am really messed up cause I get terrible results on the GRE. My total score is 930 at the best and that sucks. I live in SWEDEN and eventhough I am not that bad in English my skills seem to be really bad on the Verbal section of GRE General. I don't really know what to do cause I am constantly studying Barron's book 14 th edition, but not a single word ever shows up on the GRE!!! You guys seem to get 800 on the quantitive and pretty good on the verbal too. How do you do that? I mean I am in engineering but I don't get that good scores on the Quantitive...probably 680 at the best. I am really glad that there are people who rock on the GRE. I have written the damn test 4 times and got the total score of 930 as the best for both quan + verbal. Please share any pieces of advice you have cause my next test date is 18 nov 2003 and that's the last time for this year. I have to get admitted to grad school. Keep on rockin...

GRESWEDEN,

The software is really helpful and fun. Once you start to learn the easier words you can then eliminate them and just study the hard words. I was able to eliminate about 65% of the words. So now I can easily go through the 51 wordlist in one day. It might take me 4 hours but that is feasible. I just will do 2 hours then take a break and then finish. Just keep reviewing the list daily and you'll be surprised.

Psyoutlaw