Urch Forums

Is GRE easier in the first few months of the year? ie till april?

wanderlust

:hmm: I have heard quite often that the GRE is easier is easier in the first few months of the year...ie approximately til april...becuase the question pool in the later part of the year gets reduced and so the difficulty level increases:( does anybody know or has heard anything about it? I just verify it from people who have scored really well...both in the first and the second half...if anybody has heard anything of this sort then your advice and suggestions are welcome...:):grad:

That is absolutely a myth. It's not like ETS decides on the database for a year and then has to take questions only from there. It is a continuous process. All ETS says is that the database changes every month.

In my case, everyone I know who had appeared till April 2008 scored around a 100 points below everyone I know who appeared in June 2008. So, in this particular case, I wouldn't say that the GRE was easier in the first few months.

I suggest that you concentrate on preparing well. If you know your stuff, it doesn't matter how difficult the questions, you will score well. Let ETS worry about what questions to feed you. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...