Urch Forums

Please rate my essay

Apbhoi007

Hello,

I would be highly grateful if you rate my below essay.

Q: Some people prefer to travel around town by car, while others prefer public transit such as bus, train, or subway.

Discuss both these positions and give your own opinion.

Ans.

Over the last few years, the means of transportation has been increased by public within the cities around the world. Few individuals choose to travel by their own vehicle like car. However, the others opt for public transportation like train, bus or metro rails.Both these type of transportation has its own benefits and drawbacks. In this essay I will discuss it and try to provide my opinion.

To begin with, If a person uses his own transportation then he will not need to wait for the availability for the vehicle unlike public transportation. Also he can reach to the destination quickly if the requirement as he may increase the speed of his vehicle.Generally speaking , people who are travel by their own vehicle , reach their target on time and therefore they are more punctual. Thus, people find private transportation is more reliable and faster way to travel from source place to destination place.

On the other hand, people, who use public transportation , can experience their travelling with ease because they do not have to worry about the stringent traffic and driving rules. In fact they can listen to their favourite music or check their official emails via smartphones or even they can read the newspaper also. Additionally, public transportation costs lower than the private transportation. What is more, public transportation carry many people at the same time so it makes low pollution compared to private travelling. Hence, public transportation is considered as continent, cost effective and environment friendly travelling.

In conclusion, although private transportation provides less travel time and quick access to vehicle , I believe , public transportation is far better than it in terms of the convenience and incurred cost of travelling.

If you check the public band descriptors for the writing test, it seems this essay is a good attempt within the word limit. It is about university entry level but i would guess that this essay might not gain band 7 overall due to lack of flexibility: there is a range of sentence types but there are also missing words and reference markers (e.g. last sentence) and a mechanical kind of development with basic ideas - there are also frequent minor grammar errors. Go and find the IELTS public band descriptors with a simple search and then you would see what you need to do to get various bands, and how you might improve the essay (find your limiting factors) to get a higher band.

Hello,

I would be highly grateful if you rate my below essay.

Q: Some people prefer to travel around town by car, while others prefer public transit such as bus, train, or subway.

Discuss both these positions and give your own opinion.

Ans.

Over the last few years, the means of transportation has been increased by public within the cities around the world. Few individuals choose to travel by their own vehicle like car. However, the others opt for public transportation like train, bus or metro rails.Both these type of transportation has its own benefits and drawbacks. In this essay I will discuss it and try to provide my opinion.

To begin with, If a person uses his own transportation then he will not need to wait for the availability for the vehicle unlike public transportation. Also he can reach to the destination quickly if the requirement as he may increase the speed of his vehicle.Generally speaking , people who are travel by their own vehicle , reach their target on time and therefore they are more punctual. Thus, people find private transportation is more reliable and faster way to travel from source place to destination place.

On the other hand, people, who use public transportation , can experience their travelling with ease because they do not have to worry about the stringent traffic and driving rules. In fact they can listen to their favourite music or check their official emails via smartphones or even they can read the newspaper also. Additionally, public transportation costs lower than the private transportation. What is more, public transportation carry many people at the same time so it makes low pollution compared to private travelling. Hence, public transportation is considered as continent, cost effective and environment friendly travelling.

In conclusion, although private transportation provides less travel time and quick access to vehicle , I believe , public transportation is far better than it in terms of the convenience and incurred cost of travelling.

If you check the public band descriptors for the writing test, it seems this essay is a good attempt within the word limit. It is about university entry level but i would guess that this essay might not gain band 7 overall due to lack of flexibility: there is a range of sentence types but there are also missing words and reference markers (e.g. last sentence) and a mechanical kind of development with basic ideas - there are also frequent minor grammar errors. Go and find the IELTS public band descriptors with a simple search and then you would see what you need to do to get various bands, and how you might improve the essay (find your limiting factors) to get a higher band.
Hi, Thanks for assessing my essay. Could you please let me know more about " missing words and reference markers (e.g. last sentence)". And if you could provide IELTS band (as I cannot judge my self even seeing band descriptor), I would be highly obliged to you.