Urch Forums

680 GMAT score v-36 q-47

rock1979

Hi,

I got 680 score in GMAT. Q-47,V-36.

Was expecting around 700. I will not say this as a bad score, but I could have improved a little bit on quants section.:hmm:

Anyway, my question is what are my chances for getting into recognised schools? And any suggestions, which schools I should apply for with this score?:rolleyes:

I am planning for Full time MBA.

congratulations!

V36 - 81% and Q47 - 82% is a very balance and competitive (80-80 rule)

Your chances to get in any schools are now more dependent on other credentials such as work experience, educational background, essays etc. but the GMAT score.

Good luck for phase 2.

regards,

skarya

Thanks for your replies.

I am working as a Software consultant in a reputable Indian software company. I have completed by B.Tech from one of the reputed colleges in India in 2002. Total work expereince is around 5 years. Also, I have worked in customer locations. I have applied for the following colleges:

1) ISB Hyderabad, India

2) IIM Ahmedabad, India

3) IPSEAD

4) Carnegie Mellon

5) University of Michigan.

What does the Forum think of my chances of getting into any of these colleges?

I need another suggestion from the Forum.I am planning to give GMAT again.May be I will get 700 this time....;)

But, if my score comes below 680, which score will the MBA colleges consider? I heard that usually the colleges consider the highest score, but would like to hear suggestions from you all.