Urch Forums

760 49 quant 46!!!! verbal

8rulos

printing out t-shirts!!!

"I took the GMAT and all i got was a 760!"

I was not a huge contributor on this forum, but i would like to thank ALL posters! You make this forum a powerful tool for all GMAT takers...

I will post a detailed debriefing later....Right now i am just Happy!!

Took the test at 1.15pm EST in downtown nyc.

My background: Grew up in Greece, came to the USA for college when i was 17 (will be 26 in febuary) 4yr college, spent 1 year travelling and looking for a job, working in middle office for a bulge bracket bank for past 2 years. I never learned english grammar so was afraid of the verbal section. I had taken the Cambridge english test, so i was used to CR and RC questions... SC were another story. I was pretty comfortable with the quant section.

I purchased the Kaplan book in 2005, but never got around to taking the exam in 05 due to work and CFA commitments (taking lvl 2 in june). Also bought the Kaplan 800 (not too impressed) and the OG 11 (must have). There is a ton of material online (check Clinton's debriefing) and i took advantage of that.

My advice, is to join the yahoo group (again check Clinton's debriefing) as soon as possible. You will find all the MJJ (most useful) and VJJ (so so as they do not contain explanations). I only joined the group 10 days ago so i only took 3 test (yahoo group has 30!!). I will post about correlations between practise tests and the real deal later.

Anyways, i am glad its over. Now i can look foward to studying for CFA lvl2.

Will post links and some files tommorow..