Urch Forums

Low GRE Scores

giddy

I took the GRE in Jun 07. I got a low score of 600+. I took it again in Sep 07 and got 860 (540 Q & 320 V).

I need a total of 1000. I am planning on retaking the GRE in May. How can I raise my score? I tend to score higher in Quantitative than Verbal. Please suggest a study plan or any books that I might need.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

Try to learn as many words on Barron's list as possible there is no other way of improvig your verbal score. For maths take a look at Math forum and this thread http://www.www.urch.com/forums/gre/11422-how-get-high-gre-quant-score-average-math-non-math-test-takers.html.

Try to aim for a higher score around 1250-1300 it will help you acheive your target. You have alost four months you can easily get a fine score.

I suggest you start by doing paper tests from GRE Big Book, just to get into rythm and build basic concepts then do computer tests.

I strongly recommend Try to practice(full length tests) with software for few weeks before before the test as real test is computer based. I suffered a bit due to my lack of practice on PC.

Good luck

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE