Urch Forums

Should I retake a math class that I got a B/B- in?

invishand2

Hello,

So I am probably going to receive a B/B- in my mathematical statistics class. I am wondering whether I should just move on and try to do a better job at other math classes or retake this class. If I retake it, I won't receive any additional credits, but the gpa from the new class will be combined and averaged.

My other math classes: Calc I/II/III (A+/A+/B+), Linear Algerbra (A/A+), Mathematical Statistics (Expected B/B-), Economics Statistics I/II (A+/A+).

I am going to take real analysis and diff eq this Fall.

What do you guys think?

^the bad signal will still be there. I assume the new grade is used for the GPA calculation but the old grade won't be wiped from the transcript.

Getting an A on a 2nd attempt is an almost trivial positive signal, a lot of people can do that if they take the same class twice.

I think he might as well take a higher-level econometrics course, or analysis.

As a student, your primary goal is to continue learning more and more new material. Only retake classes when you did not learn enough to function in future courses that require the subject matter material from that class.