Urch Forums

IBT after exam questionary

zap0paz

I took IBT yesterday and after the exam finished, I asked our supervisor if I can check the school's TOEFL report code and sat on another PC. But when I moved back, he had answered all after-exam questions for me and it was showing blank toefl screen already. Now, I wonder what questions were there? He said he did not cancel the exam scores and asked if I wanted to cancel.. But I had not asked him to answer or do anything for me..Do anyone remember what were the questions? (questions that come after the writing section finish). Thank you

It asks if you want to cancel the scores or not. This confuses people often. I don't think they should do it. But anyway, the point is, if you think you did really bad, and you took TOEFL before, you can cancel the current test at the end.

The test administrator violated policy. He/she cannot answer anything on the test for you. You can report it to ETS by calling them.

Tino

It asks if you want to cancel the scores or not. This confuses people often. I don't think they should do it. But anyway, the point is, if you think you did really bad, and you took TOEFL before, you can cancel the current test at the end.

The test administrator violated policy. He/she cannot answer anything on the test for you. You can report it to ETS by calling them.

Tino

Thanks for the answer. If it was cancelled, how do I acknowledge it? By the way, why do sometimes people get more than 3 reading passages? During the test, only I did not get more than 3 reading passages. I feel instead, I got more listening passages.

Was it because I might have done comparable bad to others on the reading passages so I got less reading passages or what?

Tino

Thanks for the answer. If it was cancelled, how do I acknowledge it? By the way, why do sometimes people get more than 3 reading passages? During the test, only I did not get more than 3 reading passages. I feel instead, I got more listening passages.

Was it because I might have done comparable bad to others on the reading passages so I got less reading passages or what?

That's not exactly true, speak26. The number of reading passages and listening passages is not dependent on the other. The "normal number" of passages is 3 for the reading and 6 for the listening (and, in fact, those are the only passages that affect your score, whether you received extra ones or not).

However, people are chosen at random to work on extra passages so that ets can evaluate them. It's possible that you could get extra reading, extra listening, no extra passages at all, or (sad to say)... 5 reading passages AND 9 listening passages (this has happned to at least 3 students I know).

toefl corey & Tino,

Sorry if I have given the wrong info. I am just giving based on my experience and also from the Class that Chris (toefltestsuccess) has given. I know that test takers don't know if they are given 3 or 5 readings but what I know is the time given to finish the test is the same on all test takers. So, if ETS don't do what Chris has stated in his slides then this will affect weather the examinees can finish or not those 2 sections. That's why I believed on what Chris had taught me because it makes sense that ETS gives equal opportunity (time wise) to all examiners.

So Again sorry if I have given the wrong info.

Most of the time you are right. Most people get EITHER a long reading or a long listening, but it does happen that someone gets both. But usually not.

Tino

is that not what I have stated in my post?....

"when a test taker gets 3 passages then there would be 9 listenings(3 coversations & 6 lectures).... or if the test taker gets 5 reading passages then the test taker would get 6 listenings (2 conversations & 4 lectures)."

source: Class that Chris (toefltestsuccess)

"In the reading section, there may be four or five readings and from 36-70 questions. The reading section may vary in length from 60 to 100 mins. In the listening section, there may be additional conversations or lectures from 34-50 questions. The listening section may last from about 50 minutes to about 90 minutes."

Source: the complete guide to the toefl test by bruce rogers; preface xiv

I didn't say examinees would get both because that would be too cruel for ETS to do... Toefl Ibt is hard enough and getting both long (reading&listening) sections would be devastating.

I don't know for sure what the ETS policy is, but sometimes test takers get BOTH a long reading and a long listening section. But usually you get one or the other. A lot of people will tell you that you get one or the other, not both, but actually it is possible to get both long. Possible, but unusual.

Tino