Urch Forums

Scoring system in toefl

himanshu_ranavat

hi guys

my toefl is on the 14 oct. i hv just started studyn. I gave my GRE and scored a 1420 in tat. will my gre preparartion help me in toefl?.i have a couple of qns :

Is it necessary to complete all the qns in the listening, structure and reading sections. ?

Is it better to leave qns unanswered or to guess in case one runs out of time in the listening, structure and reading sections. ?

Thankng you .bye.

pls give replies for each individual section.;)

hi himanshu.....

ofcourse ur gre prep will help u in toefl..u may very well went thru gre essays and reading comprehensions..right..so its obvious that u will be benefited..!!!!

for the other questions,

i dont have answers as i am goin got write toefl on 15 october..!!!!

best of luck!!!! :)

Nope. You can't leave questions unanswered in listening and structure sections except reading where you can go forward and back.

Listening and structure sections are adaptive which means that you have to answer of each question in order to proceed to the next question.

Hi Gmatguy.

i didnt get ur message at proper time,,anyway my test is over..hope u have aslo got the score..hope it wud be great too!!!!

my test centre was at Chennai..

got very bad score..

but thanking GOD for that too..

197 to 257 ..

hope my essay will take me to a better score

prayers

sabna