Urch Forums

6 speaking questions in IBT....

ranirani

i would like to know whether there r any free downloadable information regerding the toefl ibt, other than the ets website. At glance, i would like to go through all the 4 sections in TOEFL IBT.

especially, i would like to know the 6 different types of speaking questions in IBT. Woiud u please describe me the 6 speaking questions in IBT in short.

please let me know how to get to know the 6 speaking questions in IBT. I don't have any books for toefl ibt so far.

Please let me know asap.

bye.

Hi

I suggest u to have a TOEFL IBT book....

coz u really have to work for speaking section....its totally different then the TSE...atleast u shd have an idea B4 u give the test...

I got this Princeton book for IBT i think its preety good...he has explained all the tactics to answer speaking Q.....

I think its better than TSE coz atleast now u have a format on how to answer the Q...earlier there was no format as such....

So go ahead and get IBT book from ur local lib.....

All the best...

Yes, you should get a book. Any book I mentioned before should have some details about speaking section. If you are going to take it, don't waste $150 by not investing anything on preparation.

I bought all the books available for iBT. It costs me around $200-300. The cost of the exam and travel is high. Also, you have spend time and effort for studying for it.

Dont' save money on your preparation for the registration fee. It is not worth it.

Knok

• 3 months later...
Thanks Knok.

Could you please advise which books I should buy for TOEFL IBT?

I am planning to retake toefl in 2 weeks.

My current score is 95, however speaking score is not as per expectation:(.

I may go with Kaplan.

Any suggestions?

Arun

Start with Delta's Key to next generation Toefl, since you have 95 overall next book could be Kaplan or ETS book. Do you need 100 over all or need 26 speaking?

Thanks Knok.

Could you please advise which books I should buy for TOEFL IBT?

I am planning to retake toefl in 2 weeks.

My current score is 95, however speaking score is not as per expectation:(.

I may go with Kaplan.

Any suggestions?

Arun

You need to have at least 4 weeks before taking the test. Kaplan has a short course about 4 weeks. The cost is around $300 a week. They do not teach only speaking but they teach every section.

Today, I was really bored when the teacher requires students to write essay in class for one and a half hour. I ended up correcting and commenting my classmates' essay in the second half of the class. The class starts at 9 a.m. It rains everyday here and the traffic is terrible. I spend 1 hour each way commuting to school. I had to park the car at park and ride and use the bus half way because the cost of parking in Kaplan area is around $1.5 an hour or $10 a day. Last month, I paid for the parking more than the course itself.

I heard that there will be a new teacher coming next week. I may change the teacher. As I mentioned before, on the first 3 weeks, I had a really good teacher. Then, she has a vacation for 3 months. Right now, an academic manager who used to be a teacher has to teach TOEFL class. He has two jobs at Kaplan, being a manager and a teacher.

There used to be two good TOEFL teachers since before I first started at Kaplan. Then, one of them resigned because another institution paid a lot higher. Another one is on long vacation. I am waiting to see new teachers soon. I talked to the management about teachers. They told me that they would hire new teachers soon. (3 weeks ago) Next Monday, I should see a new teacher teaching another TOEFL class. I also heard that there will be two teachers for both TOEFL classes. (There are 2 TOEFL classes.) Then, I will let you know.

I did not check forum very often because I was really busy with the moving and commuting or sometimes I checked it but did not have time to answer since it was too late. :sleepy:

I also enrolled Bruno's course but had to move during the beginning of the course so I had to temporarily drop it. Tomorrow, I will start with Bruno again.

Good luck friends.:tup: I do not know anything about TOEFL iBT. TSEprep is an ELS teacher. He has a lot of good information from his students. I try to follow up his posts though. They are really helpful. Thank you.

Knok

You need to have at least 4 weeks before taking the test. Kaplan has a short course about 4 weeks. The cost is around $300 a week. They do not teach only speaking but they teach every section.

Today, I was really bored when the teacher requires students to write essay in class for one and a half hour. I ended up correcting and commenting my classmates' essay in the second half of the class. The class starts at 9 a.m. It rains everyday here and the traffic is terrible. I spend 1 hour each way commuting to school. I had to park the car at park and ride and use the bus half way because the cost of parking in Kaplan area is around $1.5 an hour or $10 a day. Last month, I paid for the parking more than the course itself.

I heard that there will be a new teacher coming next week. I may change the teacher. As I mentioned before, on the first 3 weeks, I had a really good teacher. Then, she has a vacation for 3 months. Right now, an academic manager who used to be a teacher has to teach TOEFL class. He has two jobs at Kaplan, being a manager and a teacher.

There used to be two good TOEFL teachers since before I first started at Kaplan. Then, one of them resigned because another institution paid a lot higher. Another one is on long vacation. I am waiting to see new teachers soon. I talked to the management about teachers. They told me that they would hire new teachers soon. (3 weeks ago) Next Monday, I should see a new teacher teaching another TOEFL class. I also heard that there will be two teachers for both TOEFL classes. (There are 2 TOEFL classes.) Then, I will let you know.

I did not check forum very often because I was really busy with the moving and commuting or sometimes I checked it but did not have time to answer since it was too late. :sleepy:

I also enrolled Bruno's course but had to move during the beginning of the course so I had to temporarily drop it. Tomorrow, I will start with Bruno again.

Good luck friends.:tup: I do not know anything about TOEFL iBT. TSEprep is an ELS teacher. He has a lot of good information from his students. I try to follow up his posts though. They are really helpful. Thank you.

Knok

Hey Knok,

I hope you get a great teacher soon, so Bruno teaches ibt now, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, ibt speaking is easier than TSE (my opinion of course:) )