Urch Forums

Only ten day left, so one more to be rated. Thanks!!

the_poor_guy

One more from me. I really wonder how I can type very long. It is around 440 words, indeed!!!

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All students should be required to study art and music in secondary school. Use specific reasons to support your answer.

As there are various different ideas about education, there are different curriculums offered by different high schools. We can see that some schools force their student to study art and music, and some that do not. However, for me, studying art and music should be optional for high-school students because I think students at this age have enough experience to decide which subjects to learn themselves, they should be given rights to do what they can do the best, as well as art and music are not useful for all students.

To begin with, I think high school students already have adequate experience to decide. There are some evidences showing that even the government knows that those teenagers can decide effectively by themselves. In my country, students at the age between fifteen and eighteen are able to own driving licenses. Also, they can even decide to get married without the permissions of their parents. As they are capable to determine for themselves on many important issues, I think it is practical to let them decide whether to learn these subjects or not.

Moreover, in my opinion, we should let them do what they do well in stead of forcing them to study something at which they are not good. For example, there are many students in Brazil that are very skillful in playing soccer. As they can play one sport well, they can follow their own track to become soccer players in the future. They do not need aesthetic hearth. More, there are many teenagers in India that can write computer programs very well. It is also a good idea to let them do their programming jobs. Artistry seems to be useless for them. As they can select to do things they are skillful, I think it is better than have them studied subjects that they do not prefer.

Furthermore, art and music are not useful for everyone. We can see that there are many persons in our societies that do not involve in art and music. But, they can perform well in their careers. For example, Junichiro Koizumi, the current prime minister of Japan, is a very good politician in his people's view. We have never seen him perform music even once. Also, there is no one has ever seen his piece of art. Because there are many people working in many occupations that do not need art and music skills, all students should not be obliged to study some not-always-necessary subjects such as art and music.

Last but not least, I think art and music studying should not be applied to all high-school students as several reasons mentioned above.

PS. anyone knows why I cannot copy from wordpad directly to the text box?

It looks working before I submit. But, after then, it will show lots of xxxxxxxxxxxxx in stead of my text.

One more from me. I really wonder how I can type very long. It is around 440 words, indeed!!!

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? All students should be required to study art and music in secondary school. Use specific reasons to support your answer.

As there are various different ideas about education, there are different curriculums offered by different high schools. We can see that some schools force their student to study art and music, and some that do not. However, for me, studying art and music should be optional for high-school students because I think students at this age have enough experience to decide which subjects to learn themselves, they should be given rights to do what they can do the best, as well as art and music are not useful for all students.

To begin with, I think high school students already have adequate experience to decide. There are some evidences showing that even the government knows that those teenagers can decide effectively by themselves. In my country, students at the age between fifteen and eighteen are able to own driving licenses. Also, they can even decide to get married without the permissions of their parents. As they are capable to determine for themselves on many important issues, I think it is practical to let them decide whether to learn these subjects or not.

Moreover, in my opinion, we should let them do what they do well in stead of forcing them to study something at which they are not good. For example, there are many students in Brazil that are very skillful in playing soccer. As they can play one sport well, they can follow their own track to become soccer players in the future. They do not need aesthetic hearth. Moreover, there are many teenagers in India that can write computer programs very well. It is also a good idea to let them do their programming jobs. Artistry seems to be useless for them. As they can select to do things they are skillful, I think it is better than have them studied subjects that they do not prefer.

Furthermore, art and music are not useful for everyone. We can see that there are many persons in our societies that do not involve in art and music. But, they can perform well in their careers. For example, Junichiro Koizumi, the current prime minister of Japan, is a very good politician in his people's view. We have never seen him perform music even once. Also, there is no one has ever seen his piece of art. Because there are many people working in many occupations that do not need art and music skills, all students should not be obliged to study some not-always-necessary subjects such as art and music.

Last but not least, I think art and music studying should not be applied to all high-school students as several reasons mentioned above.

Rating 4.0 - 4.5

Thank you, AWHIG. So, I think I will not neglect "that", but will put it on the sentence every time. This is for playing safe.

Anyway, this is the problem from copying from wordpad:-