Urch Forums

Changes in 21st century - Please check my essay.

leosnake

Topic: The 21st century has begun. What changes do you think this new century will bring? Use examples and details in your answer.

The 21st century has begun. Each one has his own expectation for the time to come, negative or positive. Personally, I expect things more positive though I also have a worrisome thinking about the future.

To begin with, I think the changing of the global climate will be the most challenging thing we have to face with. In the last centuries, people paid much attention to the economic development and played down environment problems. In this century, as a rule, we will have to pay a price for what we've done. To illustrate, the global warming is the consequence of the industrial activities and in the near future, this phenomenon will induce other deadly changing of the climate all over the world. In some regions, it would be very cold, much colder than ever before. In some other areas, the temperature may be very high, in a new record. And these kinds of abnormal weather would occur more frequently and unpredictably.

The second big change, hopefully, will be the development of the poor countries. The globalization will bring to poor countries many opportunities and also chanlanges. However, in my opinion, they will be able to well profit of the advantages of the globalization and become competitive in the world stage. During this age of communication, this is can be possible. The poor countries would quickly learn technologies and exploit the potential of their natural resources as well as human resources and would have a quick development.

The third big change, I think, will be in the concept of a country. Even today, the countries in a geographic region tend to regroup to form a bigger common region with free trade. In this new century, this movement is stronger and stronger and I think, even some big countries will be formed. This tendance can be understood in a world more and more competitive and globalized. Like the tendance that small companies are regrouped into a big one. This process may be the same for the nations.

Above are the big changes I think would happen in this 21st century. Although there may be negative changes, I'm still optimistic and believe that the overall development will help people resolve all the problems.

Score : 5.0

Comments:

1. Ideas are good and relevant.Flow is there.

2. Not cheked your language.

3. What about terrorism and new warfares?

4. The Big country concept and poor nations' development are liked to shifting of economy and their improvement.( Had you explained this it would be better)

5. Women issue can be taken and new advances in space etc.. ( Suggestion )

Nice attempt.