Urch Forums

0067 - Hiring of workers, Inexperienced Vs. Experienced

Obelixous

Please rate this essay, would appreciate your comments / feedback very much. I take the test on May 24, 2005

0067 If you were an employer, which kind of worker would you prefer to hire: an inexperienced worker at a lower salary or an experienced worker at a higher salary? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

As an employer who is looking to hire workers, it will always be difficult to choose between inexperience workers, who work at a lower salary, and experienced workers, who work at a higher salary. There are several pros and cons of choosing each kind of worker, i.e. inexperienced or experienced. The final choice regarding which kind of worker to choose would depend on the pros and cons of each kind of worker and it would also depend on the situation in which the worker shall be required to work.

An inexperienced worker typically works at a low wage. As the wage is lower the total wages paid by the organization shall be lower; this by itself shall result in higher profitability. However, an experienced worker shall have to be trained to do the job that he / she is required to do, this shall result in higher training costs. Moreover, the productivity of an experienced worker is normally lower resulting in lesser output for a given period of time. Also, the quality of the work done is likely to be lower in quality. Furthermore the job done by an inexperienced worker needs to be reviewed by an experienced worker resulting in slightly more time to do the job.

An experienced worker typically works at a higher wage as compared to an inexperienced person. The higher salary paid to an experienced worker is justified considering the higher productivity of experienced workers and the higher quality of job done. An experienced worker by virtue of his / her experience is able to anticipate the problems that may come up while doing the job, therefore such a worker is able to take preventive actions so that the problems do not occur, and is better equipped to take corrective actions if the problem occurs.

Apart from the factors mentioned above, another important factor while deciding on what kind of worker to hire is "Adaptability to work environment". Inexperienced worker are normally more flexible when they enter an organization, they have an open mind towards new ideas / approaches to work and are therefore more adaptable. However the maturity of an experience worker is normally higher than that of an experienced worker. Due to this higher maturity an experienced person can better handle varied situations and is able to handle conflicts at work more appropriately.

In conclusion, a decision to higher an experienced or inexperienced person is based on a number of factors. The decision regarding which type of worker to hire can only be taken by carefully considering the factors mentioned above. On the whole, I would prefer to have a mix of inexperienced and experienced workers working for me, so that the constant inflow of new ideas by inexperienced workers is balanced by better quality of work delivered by experienced workers.

To Obelixous,:)

I can see that you have written this essay with the website I provide!

I think you did a really good long and organized essay with the limited time. This will be a very honest essay for your practice, and you will be a good job in your real test.

Thank you for posting this way!

1] Put the number with the title.

2] You didn't edit with MS Word.

3] This way we can really expect accurate result your essay performance for the test.

Did you find it useful? Better than your self-practicing? I want to hear your feedback!

Finally, I'm so happy that works!!! Wow...:tup:

Richie

Hi Richie

I used the website that you provided. When I used it I mistakenly thought that the website itself shall rate my essay and give me a score.

I haven't practiced writing essays much. Even for the GMAT I wrote my first essay while taking the actual GMAT. As I have not practiced I cannot compare "Self practice" and using the website, but as the website creates the same environment, I think it is good.

Would you and others please rate the essay, and provide feedback regarding errors / mistakes or additional points that should have been considered.

Waiting for feedback....

hello oblivious!

I want to make some points for your essay.

As [ For ] an employer who is looking to hire workers, it will always be difficult to choose between inexperience workers, who work at a lower salary, and experienced workers, who work at a higher salary. There are several pros and cons of choosing each kind of worker, i.e. inexperienced or experienced. The final choice regarding which kind of worker to choose would depend on the pros and cons of each kind of worker and it would also depend on the situation in which the worker shall be required to work.[ You used the same expression three times.Instead you could said :which employee is best to choose would depend on the pros and cons of each one of them.]

An inexperienced worker typically works at a low wage. As the wage is lower the total wages paid by the organization shall be lower; this by itself shall result in higher profitability. However, an [in]experienced worker shall have to be trained to do the job that he / she is required to do, this shall result in higher training costs. Moreover, the productivity of an [in]experienced worker is normally lower resulting in lesser output for a given period of time. Also, the quality of the work done is likely to be lower in quality. Furthermore the job done by an inexperienced worker needs to be reviewed by an experienced worker resulting in slightly more time to do the job.[very good ideas ]

An experienced worker typically works at a higher wage [I m not sure but would be better if you said: compared with] as compared to an inexperienced person. The higher salary paid to an experienced worker is justified considering the higher productivity of experienced workers and the higher quality of job done. An experienced worker by virtue of his / her experience is able to anticipate the problems that may come up while doing the job, therefore such a worker is able to take preventive actions so that the problems do not occur, and is better equipped to take corrective actions if the problem occurs.

[ very nice!!!!]

Apart from the factors mentioned above, another important factor [for]while deciding on what kind of worker to hire is "Adaptability to work environment". Inexperienced worker are normally more flexible when they enter an organization, they have an open mind towards new ideas / approaches to work and are therefore more adaptable. [great idea]However the maturity of an experience worker is normally higher than that of an experienced worker. Due to this higher maturity an experienced person can better handle varied situations and is able to handle conflicts at work more appropriately.

In conclusion, a decision to higher [hire]an experienced or inexperienced person is based on a number of factors. The decision regarding which type of worker to hire can only be taken by carefully considering the factors mentioned above. On the whole, I would prefer to have a mix of inexperienced and experienced workers working for me, so that the constant inflow of new ideas by inexperienced workers is balanced by better quality of work delivered by experienced workers.[very nice choice heheheh]

--------------------

Your essay was a very good 30-minute essay!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice ideas and minor errors.

Try not to use the same words.

Instead workers u could say employees ,staff, people, working persons, clerks.

In my opinion, it would get a 4.5 - 5.0

I know that it is very hard in 30 minutes to write the perfect essay.

Keep practicing. You can reach 5.5 with a little effort.

Your essay was a very good 30-minute essay!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice ideas and minor errors.

Try not to use the same words.

Instead workers u could say employees ,staff, people, working persons, clerks.

In my opinion, it would get a 4.5 - 5.0

I know that it is very hard in 30 minutes to write the perfect essay.

Keep practicing. You can reach 5.5 with a little effort.

Hehe Vangelitsa,:D

I think you are very excting! Yes I agree with you ... I think the essay could also get 5.5 I think ... Very good.

Richie

Please rate this essay, would appreciate your comments / feedback very much. I take the test on May 24, 2005

0067 If you were an employer, which kind of worker would you prefer to hire: an inexperienced worker at a lower salary or an experienced worker at a higher salary? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

As an employer[insert comma...tone changes] who is looking to hire workers, it [cut this] will always be difficult to choose between inexperience workers, who work at a lower salary, and experienced workers, who work at a higher salary. There are several pros and cons of choosing each kind of worker, i.e. inexperienced or experienced [redundant info...not rewuired]. The final choice regarding which kind of worker to choose would depend on the pros and cons of each kind of worker [repeated..cut this] and it would also depend on the situation in which the worker shall be required to work.

[ok]

An inexperienced worker typically works at a low wage. As the wage is lower the total wages paid by the organization shall be lower; this by itself shall result in higher profitability. However, an experienced worker shall have to be trained [???, is it so??, I think this is the case with an inexperienced worker.]to do the job that he / she is required to do, this shall result in higher training costs. Moreover, the productivity of an experienced worker is normally lower resulting in lesser output for a given period of time. Also, the quality of the work done is likely to be lower in quality. Furthermore the job done by an inexperienced worker needs to be reviewed by an experienced worker resulting in slightly more time to do the job.

[Confusion here. When you are speaking about an inexperienced worker, do not introduce experienced worker.Here you firt talked about inexperienced then a line of experienced then inexperienced.]

An experienced worker typically works at a higher wage as compared to an inexperienced person. The higher salary paid to an experienced worker is justified considering the higher productivity of experienced workers and the higher quality of job done. An experienced worker by virtue of his / her experience is able to anticipate the problems that may come up while doing the job, therefore such a worker is able to take preventive actions so that the problems do not occur, and is better equipped to take corrective actions if the problem occurs.

[ok]

Apart from the factors mentioned above, another important factor while deciding on what kind of worker to hire is "Adaptability to work environment". Inexperienced worker are normally more flexible when they enter an organization, they have an open mind towards new ideas / approaches to work and are therefore more adaptable. However the maturity of an experience worker is normally higher than that of an experienced worker. Due to this higher maturity [do not mention this again.The context is already known ] an experienced person can better handle varied situations and is able to handle conflicts at work more appropriately.[The last sentence does not prove the inflexibility of an inexperienced worker]

In conclusion, a decision to higher an experienced or inexperienced person is based on a number of factors. The decision regarding which type of worker to hire can only be taken by carefully considering the factors mentioned above. On the whole, I would prefer to have a mix of inexperienced and experienced workers working for me, so that the constant inflow of new ideas by inexperienced workers is balanced by better quality of work delivered by experienced workers.

Score: 4.0

Comments:

1. Info is redundant.

2. Points put are not convincing to me.I gave the explainations above for the reason of I being not convinced.

3. Sentences at times are stretched. Try to make them short.