Urch Forums

Toefl Ibt complaint to NABP

yk1974

Hi everybody!

Yesterday, pharmasists from the pharmacy where I work, wrote a letters to Nabp about TOEFL IBT requirements. One of them:

" Please, reconsider the high exam requirement on the speaking portion of the exam. It is my understanding that most Americans would score 23. To expect someone from overseas to score a 26 (a score higher that I would receive) seems excessive. It seems that we should expect them to receive an equivalent score, nor higher.

We frequently speak with many "foreign" physicians. I would be very surprised if some would receive even a 23, and they are practicing medicine."

I think, if somebody from the pharmacies you,guys, work would write similar letters to this, it might help to us as well. What do you think?

They also wrote that I communicate very well with physicians and nurses both in person and over the telephone and that my English is easily understood by the co-workers. I think, what kind of raters will be better than

our pharmacists who we work with?

They are very upset because we,foreign pharmacists, have to go through this TOEFL exam, especially people who work at pharmacy for so many years already, and proved their English in real life.

God help us!

• 4 months later...
TOEFL IBT is required just for getting a pharmacy license. To get a pharmacy tech license, all you need is just take a test and pass it. Pharmacy hires you as a pharmacy tech, train you, and then you need to take a test. If you failed it, you will be given a second chance, if you fail it again, they let you go.