Urch Forums

Question about hearing back from programs

Snagret

Hi all,

I've recently submitted my applications for Fall 2021 OB/Management PhD programs and am starting to feel a little anxious.

Can anyone tell me the soonest I could start hearing back from programs? Also, when is the latest I should expect to hear back from programs as well? I've applied to a total of 9 schools, top 10, 20 and 40ish.

Thanks!

Congratulations on getting the apps submitted and good luck.

In prior years, it looks like the earliest responses came in early January. I wouldn't expect to hear anything sooner than that --- definitely wouldn't expect to hear anything in advance of the program deadlines.

Typically, schools start slowly in January, anything before that is extremely rare. Schools often begin with the applicants they are clearly rejecting, so not hearing from a school in the beginning can actually be a good thing.

Things speed up in February, especially the interviews. March is still ok, we can see a lot of things happening this month. After that, it's usually for those who had been waitlisted, or something like that.

Bu I don't know how much the pandemic can mess things up this year.

It's not common to see business PhD applicants with a list of less than 10 schools. I don't know why you decided to apply to only 9 schools, but I wish you luck.