Urch Forums

Recommendation forms Vs Recommendation letters

EconMist

That is strange, but I have maybe misunderstood something... :hmm: from your list of schools (from the "which schools did you apply to"-thread), I have also applied to

U Chicago

MIT

Princeton

Stanford

Northwestern

NYU

Yale

These all had (paper) recommendation forms, except for Northwestern. But I guess I've only encountered the forms because my recommenders preferred to submit paper versions?

EconMist, if your recommenders want to submit on paper, or if the school only allows for this, I think you should check carefully whether the school specifically states that it doesn't have a form. Of the schools I applied to, only 2 (Northwestern and Oxford) did not have forms, and they both stated this clearly.

That is strange, but I have maybe misunderstood something... :hmm: from your list of schools (from the "which schools did you apply to"-thread), I have also applied to

U Chicago

MIT

Princeton

Stanford

Northwestern

NYU

Yale

These all had (paper) recommendation forms, except for Northwestern. But I guess I've only encountered the forms because my recommenders preferred to submit paper versions?

EconMist, if your recommenders want to submit on paper, or if the school only allows for this, I think you should check carefully whether the school specifically states that it doesn't have a form. Of the schools I applied to, only 2 (Northwestern and Oxford) did not have forms, and they both stated this clearly.

All of my recomenders submitted their letters online. Also, I didn't apply to MIT for technical reasons. I applied to UCSD instead because one of my advisors insisted that the posted GRE V minimum was not a credible threat, but this is off-topic.

This is also off-topic, but anyone who is interested in games of information transmission should apply to UCSD (you still have a few days).