Urch Forums

sat II us history

anyone got any study tips for SAT II: US History?

like what are most common sections, etc.

also, if you took any other SAT II's, which were easy?

i still don't know if registering for US history was a smart move or not

my strong point is biology, but when i looked at a book, it was insanely hard!

i'm taking SAT II-US hist..because I took a practice test..and it was very similar to the AP US history multiple choice--my friends took it already and they said the SAT II one was easier. it depends. I really wanted to sign up for Biology cuz i liked it a lot but I ended up signing up for stupid Chemistry since i'm taking it this year and it's still fresh in my head... GOOD LUCK.

haha... in my opinion, the SAT II US History is a lot easier than the AP US History because the questions don't take a lot of thought. At least, I thought most of it was easy. The thing is, my history class didn't go over the post-Reagan era... well, I guess I'll see what happens on May 23rd...

geez...i'm pretty scared of it now

i dont' think i did real good on AP US

and ure class is odd...cuz we got all the way to bill clinton

:tup:

we aren't odd... we just didn't feel like going over it all... haha... I think I'm getting a B+ in history... which is pretty damn good since I haven't read the text book... which cost my ass $96 and is written by people who work for college board...

hey! UC's only require TWO SAT II Subject tests, right? I really don't wanna take Chemistry.. is there anyway to cancel that test? In other words, instead of taking 3 subj. on June 4, is it possible for me to take only 2-math II c and US history??

and shutupjessmah-good job! was the us history test similar to the ap one?? i heard that even if u get like 9 wrong, u can still get a perfect score of 800!!

Yeah, UCs only require two SAT II Subject Tests, and the subjects don't matter as long as they're from different disciplines.

The AP US History Test is a lot harder than the SAT II US History test because the AP questions take thought. Of course, I got like 20 wrong out of 95, actually, probably more. heh... but that's what I get for not doing any homework whatsoever during the year. There are people at my school who get straight A's in history, are shoo-ins for 5's on the AP US History Test, and scored in the low 700's. So don't expect an 800 unless you know your history inside and out.

To just take two tests instead of three, just go take two tests and then leave... though, I'd like to take three tests in June... but I don't want to bother with paying more money. haha. I guess I'll just take the SAT II Math IIC next year... in November...