Urch Forums

Dilemma... please help

scosc

Hello,

So my deadlines are approaching and my reccommenders haven't submitted the recommendation yet and I am freaking out. I have contacted them and one replied saying that she was aware of the deadline and she will submit the recommendation soon. Another hasn'r replied at all :(

What should I do????????

There is only 1 day left to submit the recommendations.....

:grief: :dejected: freaking out

I called 2 programs whose deadlines have already passed and asked them if the single rec letter being late was any cause for concern, them not looking at my application, etc. etc. and both said that they understand professors can be busy and said not to worry.

Given that my one missing letter is from a person who used to head up the finance admissions committee of a school, I figured it wouldnt matter.

I do know how you feel though.

Adcoms understand you can't control your LOR writers. While sufficient planning is usually able to avoid this problem, some professors are quite bad at getting to these letters. Adcoms usually look at applications in January regardless of when their deadline is so you still have time. I know a lot of adcoms will simply call up a LOR writer if they are interested in a candidate, and they don't have the letter yet. (This happens even when there is a letter and the adcoms want to know more)

In short, don't worry. You can kindly, gently remind your LOR writer, but don't worry about this being a deal breaker. Unless you forgot some other part of the application or manage to annoy your LOR writer with constant pestering, you should be fine.