Urch Forums

Please evaluate my essay. I have my gre in 3 days.

abmittal

Hi,

Please critique this essay. I am in urgent need of help for AWA. I don't get many ideas always get stuck on one or two. Please suggest me a way to fix this problem. Also, please suggest how do I increase the length of my essays.

Topic:

The real talent of a popular musician cannot accurately be assessed until the musician has been dead for several generations, so that his or her fame does not interfere with honest assessment.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Response:

An honest assessment of any artist is very necessary in order to get a true sense of the quality of his work. But saying that an honest assessment of a musician can not be performed till he has been dead for several generations is fallacious.

There are numerous musicians who were popular when they were alive and still are counted among the best. Take the example of Mozart, No one can deny his popularity when he was alive. But today also, prospective musicians worship him as their idol. His classical symphonies are still played and considered to be the culmination of musical genius. Another example can be taken of Beethoven, the effect whose symphonies and the sonatas has not reduced with time. A musician gets his fame only when he produces quality music. Thus an accurate analysis can be done even when the musician is alive.

Sometimes people tend to estimate the talent of a musician based on his one or two works which made him famous. A great example of this is Psy, who became famous with his song titled "Gangnam style". People started calling him a great musician based on just a single work.

In the end, I would like to state that an honest assessment can be performed even when the musician is alive. We have had numerous musicians who were considered great when they were alive and are still counted as one of the best.