Urch Forums

Suggestions ~ best Org Theory/ Institutional Theory/ Macro OB Ph.D. programs

Ramesh123

Hello, folks!

I am targeting the upcoming Fall 2023 application cycle (deadlines will roll in soon 😅). 

I do not have a research-based background, so I am finding it tricky to identify schools that provide good training/ produce good research output in OT/ Institutional Theory/ macro OB.

I can think of the usual names like Stanford, UAlberta, UofToronto, Schulich York, and Penn State. But, with your help, I would like to expand this list.

Geography is not a constraint. Even Strategy programs with a strong OT/ Inst. Theory foci are OK.

So, I'd appreciate your leads 🙂

Cheers!

Edited by Ramesh123

I'm not in that field, but the ranking we use the most for business PhDs is the UTD:

https://jsom.utdallas.edu/the-utd-top-100-business-school-research-rankings/

You can select the journals that are related to your field and then get the rank for those journals. 

Maybe there is some other ranking more specific to your field, I don't know. 

But finding the right schools is usually hard work indeed. And many times it's not about finding the right program, but the right advisor. A good program can have some terrible advisors. And some top researchers can work for lesser known universities where they can have more power, influence, and freedom. It took me months to get my list of schools to apply.