Urch Forums

TOEFL iBT victims willing to sue!

knok

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really appreciate people like YOU KNOK....you`re really full of encoragement for everyone in this forums. After spent 2 years of struggle and anger I finally got my 26 score on speaking and I am on my way for my internship. I can not thank you enough for KNOK and everyone in this forum for your advices and for the motivation :)

Keisha,

You're very welcome. Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I am here waiting for good news of everybody to cross the tunnel. I wish you could get an Internship soon. I am starting looking now.

Good luck.

Knok

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
A pharmacist must possess very good communication skills. People who can not score 26 can not speak proper English, period. I had to go through that test for 3 times until I passed, and I admit that when I passed, I spoke very clearly and coherently. I did not stumble over the words and my thoughts were very organized. You can not break the system if you can not go through it. If you can not pass TOEFL iBT then give up on the idea of being a pharmacist in the USA.

• 9 years later...

Hello. Initially, I was able to pass Toefl in 2011 with flying colors. However, their policy of expiring results every two years has required me to take Toefl over and over with now very low results. I just find it ridiculous for someone who already passed the test with flying colors to be required to retake it again. Does my English proficiency decrease over time? I find it to be merely a money making scheme because each succeeding time that I retake the Toefl, I get worse scores. Also, I do not think it is a fair test of English proficiency because I strongly believe that if we, immigrants and foreigners are subjected to such stringent tests before being allowed to enter college, then local students should also undergo such screening measures. Otherwise, it is an unfair advantage to locally educated students ate not necessarily better English speakers than internationally educated ones. 

3 hours ago, April M said:

Hello. Initially, I was able to pass Toefl in 2011 with flying colors. However, their policy of expiring results every two years has required me to take Toefl over and over with now very low results. I just find it ridiculous for someone who already passed the test with flying colors to be required to retake it again. Does my English proficiency decrease over time? I find it to be merely a money making scheme because each succeeding time that I retake the Toefl, I get worse scores. Also, I do not think it is a fair test of English proficiency because I strongly believe that if we, immigrants and foreigners are subjected to such stringent tests before being allowed to enter college, then local students should also undergo such screening measures. Otherwise, it is an unfair advantage to locally educated students ate not necessarily better English speakers than internationally educated ones. 

@April M Which part of the TOEFL gets harder for you over time? Do you have to take the iBT version of the TOEFL?

From your post, it appears you're living and working in the US, so you should have a lot of practice with English by now.

Just curious about what it's like as a non-native speaker of English living in the US.