Urch Forums

Veritas or Manhattan Gmat or none?

Stormgal

Does anyone know whether if it's worth taking a course at Veritas or Manhattan GMAT? How about the private tutoring - does anyone have experience with any of these options?

I was thinking about hiring a Veritas private tutor,http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/spezial/Fool/ma.gif but this is a costly option, and I really want to make sure it helps ...

I have the same question

Manhattan or Veritas??????:hmm:

Also, i suppose by Manhattan study guides, u all meant Complete Set of 7 manhattan GMAT strategy Guides for $149 (RED COLOR) correct me if i am wrong.

And as far as Veritas is concerned, which one is better......'private tuturing' or 'Full course'?

Anita A

I have the same question

Manhattan or Veritas??????:hmm:

Also, i suppose by Manhattan study guides, u all meant Complete Set of 7 manhattan GMAT strategy Guides for $149 (RED COLOR) correct me if i am wrong.

And as far as Veritas is concerned, which one is better......'private tuturing' or 'Full course'?

Anita A

Anita,

I was really impressed by "Pacman". She was telling us in another thread that she scored in the 400's then in the 500's. After a little more practice, she scored in the 700's! She said though, that the difference between her studies was that she hired a private tutor from Veritas, and he was really able to teach her the fundamentals. I have the course books from Manhattan, and believe me, they are superior to Kaplans - maybe not the books themselves - they look like notebooks - but the contents far explain better than Kaplans. I'd love to get my hands on Veritas' coursebooks, but you have to sign up for their course or the private tutoring. I am debating on private or classroom setting.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know where to find digital copies of the Manhattan Gmat classroom materials?

I've pruchased the whole Manhattan Gmat Test Prep Series and it would be great to have the matching information provided in the classes over having to fill in the gaps elsewhere.

kit or kaboodle would be appreciated as would both. Any leads are most appreciated.

T

I suggest you look for tutors near you and ask to meet with a few tutors to get a feel for how they work. I would be suspicious if someone won't go you a half hour of their time. As a tutor, I like having a cup of coffee with a student before we get started. Sometimes people just don't mesh. So what is most important is getting a tutor from whom you feel you can learn.

Personally I think you should try to get a tutor who is willing to teach the fundamentals not just strategies.

In addition you may be able to find a tutor in your area on mba gmat test prep - preparing MBA entry with GMAT exam tutor,private teaching,tuition,manuals,books,tutor,bootcamp,course,online review and practice questions. Most of the tutors on this site have worked for test prep companies and decided to go out on their own, but you don't have to pay for the marketing machine that supports Kaplan, MGMAT, and Veritas.

I have bad experience with Manhattan. I've recently signed up for their long course, and they cancelled the class last minute. They offer me private tutoring instead, but that's not what I want. Now I am trying to ask them for refund. However, they seem like so reluctance to do so. You judge?