Urch Forums

740 (q:50,v:40)

Just done with the GMAT today.Did decently well.

Should say I am pretty pleased,of course a higher score wouldn't have hurt :).My entire prep was for close to about 2 months and I couldn't afford to take off from work.

The essays went allright too.The argument was about investing in restaraunt ,golf club businesses in some part of the city because similar businesses in other parts of the city were doing well.The issue was about selecting employees simply based on their education/resume and not how they do in personal interviews.

Quant was just like gmat prep .Anybody who disagrees,has either not exhausted the entire bank of questions on the CD or is talking off some other test I don't know of.There were atleast 3 probability questions,some simple geometry and majorly number theory questions.Anyone with reasonable quant skills (aka engineering,math degree..) should do well as long as he/she has done the gmat prep tests about 5-6 times.

Verbal was really kick *** stuff out there!!!!Didnt know what hit me for a reeeeeeally long time.I guess I lost out on my verbal score bacause of that.By the time I gathered my wits and tried to do a repair job , it was too late.I wasn't too confident with verbal so i must admit i am not too surprised.I found the SC's and RC's much tougher and longer than the gmat prep ones.In between,I do remeber reading an RC and not making head or tail of it and reconsidering apping to business school !!!I am sure some of you might have had similar experiences.The CR's might have saved the day for me.Should have done verbal better but it wasn't one of my verbal days.

Since , I haven't done the Manhattan GMAT SC book ,going by what I have read on all the threads,I would highly reccomend it.So if you are giving the gmat in about 2 months time and dont have a copy,go get it !!I tried to get a copy in the last week of my prep but was unable to do so.Sets 21-31 are also reccomended.They are really good practice .The Kaplan800 is a really nice for CR and SC.How can I not mention the OG, it sure is the bible.

I havent been a very active member,passively reading all the debriefs and silently dreaming of writing one some day.Thank you all so much for helping me do well ..and sigh it has just begun. ...now to get on with the daunting apping process.

Cheers!!!!

• 2 months later...