Urch Forums

Passed naplex and mpje for texas

matzard

I just wanted to share the good news and wanted to thank everyone who ever posted a suggestion on this forum, you all have been very helpful. Every message posted on the forum helped a bit.

If there's anything you guys want to know about these exams from my experience, shoot out the questions and I will try to answer each of them for next 2-3 days. Though most of the pertinent information is already covered by previous threads, it's still never enough:)

Good luck to everyone else who is taking the licensing tests.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have disabled private messaging because things in the open will be beneficial for more than just one person, I hope no one minds that. Also, it won't be possible for me to email or post any of my exam questions, most of you will understand why.

My experience: I did most of my internship in NC and requested internship waiver at TX. Once approved, I applied for the naplex and mpje to the state board.

I studied for about a month for naplex using manan shroff's naplex theory book and of course CPR. Naplex is an easy exam if you have 2-3 months experience in a retail pharmacy and the right basics.

Questions mostly are based on drug dynamics: MOA, ADRs, interactions, dosage forms. You can not predict what might be asked about a drug so know everything that's important or unusual about a drug. Most drugs belong to cardiovascular group, GI, respiratory, coumadins, anti-biotics/viral, psycho, etc. I also had about 20-30 calculations. CPR is sufficient to get you familiarized with them. Dropper rate, infusion rate, creatinine clearance, compounding mixtures, dose adjustments were the important once.

Other than Manan's and CPR, I also took the pre-naplex and pharmsuccess.com's practice tests. My actual scores were almost like my pre-naplex/ pharmsuccess scores. If you want to make yourself familiar with naplex and mpje, take the http://pharmsuccess.com tests about a month before your exam, both naplex and mpje. Then take http://prenaplex.com exams about in the middle of your preparation and then again near to your exam. Pre-naplex will not give you any idea about how the actual exam will be but will give you almost real score.

Don't try to haste into the mpje once done with naplex, try to study from strauss' or reiss and hall and also there are certain good websites (one is of university of florida) that may help. state material is also very important.

I think I answered everyone's questions, feel free to ask anything else if youwish to. Best of luck to everyone taking the exams soon.

• Like 1

hi matzard

congratulations !! I am preaparing for NAPLEX throught Texas. i have no retail experience since i don't have work permit. i am currently studying from CPR and APHA. I have some questions to ask you about drug names & dosage forms which are my main concern and hurdle as well.

1) Tell me frankly if we need to know all the brand names of all the drugs covered under CPR chapters or just the TOP 300 prescription drugs covered under RXlist or CPR or APHA list ? same question for the OTC preparation as well ?

2) Same thing with the dosage forms. since i need to practically memorize all the dosage forms except the few i saw in a pharmacy. please tell me if you concentrated on the dosage forms of just the main drugs like nitroglycerin, lithium, warfarin, heparin etc ? If it is not a problem can you give me the list of the drugs whose dosage forms you memorized or lets say concentrated on ?

3) did you do calculations from any other book as well ? i am doing it from CPR & manan shroff only...is that enough ?

4) also coming to side effects & drug interactions - is it enough to know just the significant ones like the liver toxicities, blood dyscrias or the interaction with enzyme inducers etc (you know the highlighted ones) ? since it gets really confusing. so please let me know how you remember it ?

Last but not the least thanks for all the inputs you gave already.

pharmacist2005

can u pl.... forward the questions that were asked in ur exam?thank u.

regards,

hudson

I just wanted to share the good news and wanted to thank everyone who ever posted a suggestion on this forum, you all have been very helpful. Every message posted on the forum helped a bit.

If there's anything you guys want to know about these exams from my experience, shoot out the questions and I will try to answer each of them for next 2-3 days. Though most of the pertinent information is already covered by previous threads, it's still never enough:)

Good luck to everyone else who is taking the licensing tests.

hi

to write NAPLEX i think we must have FPGEC and than we can apply for intern licence with the state board of texas after getting intern licence

can we apply for NAPLEX? without starting as an intern. but i heard first we need to start as a intern for 4 months than only we are eligible to take NAPLEX ?

CAN ANYONE PLZ CLARIFY

I REALY APPRECIATE YOUR SUGESSTIONS TAKE A MOMOENT PLZ

in Texas; you must have FPGEC certifecate,then you can apply for Texas board to take NAPLEX & MPJE, after that you can start internship.

here in Texas,you can take NAPLEX before starting the internship;

I think that is why many pharmacists from different states try to take NAPLEX from Texas. GOOD LUCK for all

well congrats:tup: on ur achievement well i had a question on dosage adjustment now wld it mean we need to knw the max doses of top 200 or something ? imean i am confused cld pls throw some mroe light on tht area as to wht exactly wld mean by dosage adjustments wld appriciate ur reply

regards

[clap]

Sorry about the delayed response to all your queries, was at work for last 2 days.

Firstly, calculations: CPR and Manan shroff is enough

Drugs: You can not know everything about all the drugs, concentrate on the important ones, if that emans top 200 or 300, that's what it is. Please understand that naplex doesn't concentrate on questions like "which of the following drugs can cause stomach upset?" instead they concentrate more on likes of "which of the following may cause lactic acidosis?".

This also applies to drug interactions.

Anyone without any practical experience or without any brand acquintance may find naplex tough to pass.

It's practically impossible to know all the brands or everything about all the drugs, there are more than 20,000 just in USA. So spend your time wisely and concentrate on easier ones and ones you come across your daily work. If that helped, my time here was well spent:)

• 2 weeks later...

If you have green card and have passed FPGEE, just march into a pharmacy and demand a job:)

It's very easy to get an internship position if you have already passed the FPGEE and don't need work visa, in NC. It's even easier if you also have passed english tests. I will say, call all the chain pharmacies in your area, get the phone numbers for their District Managers and start calling.