Urch Forums

Management and/or Organizational Behavior PhD

mulrich

I'm not sure how many OB applicants there are out there but I thought I'd start a thread for the group.

I've applied to 13 programs around the country. I know that UNC has made their first round of cuts but haven't heard anything else first hand. I'm hoping most schools start notifying next week.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a breath of fresh air after having read through so many threads dominated by finance and accounting people :)

I applied to 6 Management/OB programs. I have been invited for a skype interview at Wharton. I know they have narrowed their short list down to 12 applicants.

I have not heard from any other schools yet.

I was getting tired of reading through the finance and accounting too. I know there are OB people out there, we just need a place to congregate.

Congrats on Wharton. That's a great program. I'm still waiting/hoping for my first interview. No rejections yet either which is a good thing.

OB here as well! I applied to just three schools (not the big boys given my low UG GPA) and have had a phone interview with one, with a campus visit to follow later this month. That school's application deadline was January 15th. Yesterday I heard from another wanting to setup a phone interview. Their deadline was Feb 1. The last school on my list had a deadline of Feb 1 as well so we'll see if I'm going to hear anything from them. Best of luck to everyone.

i am checking in to say that i am also waiting to hear from mgmt programs. i only applied to columbia and nyu/stern. i have an mba from harvard and ug degree from stanford and work experience in media. i am married w/kids, so i don't have the flexibility to apply to schools across the country... we shall see. good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear. ;)

thanks for starting this thread. :tup: i was also getting tired of reading all the finance/acct posts and wondering where the OB people were! i have applied to 6 programs with one rejection so far - their deadline was Jan 5th. still waiting to hear on the others.

I'm married with kids too but don't feel confident enough to only to apply to a few local schools. I promised my wife that if I'm not admitted this year we'll continue at my current job for at least five years so we can have some stability. We've been living in a small condo for the last couple years trying to save up money for grad school and if we don't get in we're buying a house.

I'm still waiting to hear directly from schools I applied to. I've heard rumors that a few of my schools sent out interview requests 1-2 weeks ago. Hopefully everyone starts hearing more this week.

I am applying for strategy but my field extends to OB - I have applied to 20 colleges.

Till now - one reject and one interview call.

Any advice on how to prepare for these interview?

Be prepared to talk about your prior research, and your research interests. If you know with whom you'll be speaking, it might be a good idea to look at their current and past research, just so you can be conversant on those topics. Also, they'll probably ask if you have any questions for them regarding their program, so you may want to think of some before hand just in case.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Egarvel and Indus and others on the forum too, what were your GRE scores like and about work experience?? Is any one of you an experienced candidate here? Plus, I also wanted to know if you have had publications in peer reviewed journals from your UG/ Masters days? Thanks a lot!