Urch Forums

CanadianEcon

Hello all,

I'm beginning to apply to Canadian masters programs and thought it would be beneficial to get your input on my profile.

School: Public university unknown/non-ranked econ dept with no phd program in Canada

Degree: B.Sc. honours (economics)

UGPA: 80%

PGPA: likely mid 80s

Math courses: Calc | (80) calc || (96) linear alg | (84) intro to proofs (78) mathematical finance | & || (71,82) Euclidean geometry (91) registered in differential equations and linear algebra || next semester

stats courses: intro econometrics (100) intro to statistics (80) empirical economics (74)

econ courses: intermediate macro (88) intermediate micro (80) advanced macro (90) advanced micro (94) math econ (91) various other econ electives with grades mostly in the 80s, a seminar course with a research component (88)

Letters of recommendation: 3 from econ PhDs (from good Canadian departments) who know me well

Work experience: internship in public policy, co-authored a major research report that got some media attention in my province

Applying to: Queens, SFU, UBC, U of Calgary, Western (MFE not MA), McMaster, Carleton, Guelph, U of T (MA and possibly MFE), York, Wilfrid laurier, ryerson

I would appreciate any feedback on programs i am likely to get into, or not, or any suggestions on further places to apply.

Thanks for any feedback

Edited by CanadianEcon