Urch Forums

using scratch paper during the break?

sambosoul

As you know in different test centers you may face some different policies; in the test centers that I know based on my students experiences you shouldn't have any problem using your scratch papers during the break time if you don't leave your desk. But if you go out for the snack, which is most of the times is available for the students, you cannot take out your notes or bring in new ones.

You can take your time for a short break and comeback sooner for preparing your speaking structure. Still I recommend you to be prepared before the test and have your plan in your mind for every answer.

Good Luck!

Thanks for all the answers, I appreciate it.

Just to make that clear, what's a prometric test center? I've never heard of that before.

I have never taken a TOEFL test before, but I want to make sure that I behave appropriately during the test. I guess that it's allowed to ask the supervisor if I am allowed to use the scratch paper during the break, or?

At first I took 3 blank pages. During listening I filled about 2 papers. After the rest they replaced the 2 filled papers by 2 blank pages.

You can put your speaking templates during the instructions of speaking section (It takes time until the narrator says all the instructions. This time will be sufficient to write down your templates.)

At my case, the admin said to me when you become ready click "continue" button to proceed to speaking section, so I had time to write down my templates even before starting the speaking question, but I got bored during instructions (actually, there wasn't a "skip" button :dejected: ).

• 1 month later...
I wrote my speaking templets during the reading and listening instruction. Then after the break, the lady took her time so I started making line and preparing the pages. Little that I know, the lady was watching me on her screen and took the paper away and brought me new. @ Prometric test center. They also search you with metal detector. Other test center I found them easy going, can jock with them and you will feel at ease.doing the test.