Urch Forums

#146: Some people prefer to spend their free time

Erin

#146: Some people prefer to spend their free time outdoors. Other people prefer to spend their leisure time indoors. Would you prefer to be outside or would you prefer to be inside for your leisure activities? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your choice.

• 3 months later...

Hi, everyone.

Please give me some comments on this essay.

Any comment is welcomed and deeply appreciated.

#146: Some people prefer to spend their free time outdoors. Other people prefer to spend their leisure time indoors. Would you prefer to be outside or would you prefer to be inside for your leisure activities? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your choice.

In my view, indoor and outdoor activities have their respective good point for our spending leisure time in different ways. I am acutually spending time both outside and inside almost alternatly because I can enjoy and relax myself doing so. Yet, I love, if anything, being in my room.

On the one hand, I love going shopping and passing time away in a cafe over coffee laced with sugar and plentiful milk. Selecting clothes walking around several departmentstores and drinking coffee viewing people in in-mode clothes out of the window in between has been one of the time when I can feel happy most. On the other, no less do I love spending my breaks over the coffee reading books or magazines, watching movies on TV, listening to music like jazz, classical, or contemporary in my room.

What I would like you to realize here about the way my spending leisure is that even in outdoor activities I can feel cut off people while surrounded by them. Such is what I require of my leisure time because I am apt to turn inwards if got around by many others. Yet, the many enjoyments available outside such as concerts, movies, and sport events have a feature that they are necessarily crowded with merry people, and without all serenity, which I have found at times rather disagreeable, even offensive.

Summing up, though I like enjoying myself both outside and inside, because of my taste for being alone, I may say I prefer spending my leisure inside to outside my house.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Erin Billy

I am very energetic girl. I like to be active, going outdoor and spend my leisure time outside. I like nature like mountains, seas, flowers. I feel better when I lay down by the beach and study my favorite book than being at home and watch Television. I enjoy looking at trees in fall, when the colors of leaves change. I would rather play Tennis outside and in fresh air than play chess inside.

I have found out that one of the best way that treat me when I am sad or upset is going outside and run or play tennis, or doing something that cuase you breathe and sweat alot. It helps me to forget about what make me upset.

In my opinion when you are young you can do something that when you are old you can't do it a lot, becuase your body will become exusted soon,also doing something is dangerious for old people, Such as climbing up the mountain.

In conclusion, I prefer enjoy my leisure time outdoor and breath fresh air because I feel beter and I can forget the things that make me upset. I also suggest young people to enjoy their time and do something that they can't do it when they become old.

• 2 weeks later...

Outdoor as well as indoor activities have got their own advantages. But I prefer to spend my free time outdoors rather than indoors to get a fresh air, to make me fresh, energetic as well as active.

What I can do alone at home? Bcz when I am free, other people wont. To spend time indoors, one must give company to us otherwise we start feeling bored. We start feeling bored if we watch TV for long time. To play chess, Kerum, cards someone should give company. All alone we can not play such things.There is a difference in reading indoors and reading outdoors. If we read at home for long time we start feeling sleepy and we end with a big nap. Otehrwise if you go to park and read or go to bech and read we will become more fresh and active.

I like to go out for running or walking or byciclying or skating. Also we don't need anyother's company also. If we go out only for half an hour also we feel fresh. It is also exercise for our body. we feel relaxed. My day bigins with going for a walk for half an hour atleast and without that I feel whole day sleepy. While walking I plan that days things to do and I'll feel very active to finish all the works. Evening I like to go for shopping. I like to see dresses, people and to walkaround the malls rather than sittin at home. I like to see the nature in all the seasons as well as the activity of squirrels. When our body gets exercise then it is relaxed.

In order to make me fresh,to keep myself active and relaxed and to get some exercise I prefer to spend my free time outdoors rather than indoors.

:)

Frnds, whoever gets a chance to read my essay plzzzzzzzz give suggestions. Waitng for ur valuable suggestions.:)

Some people prefer to spend their leisure indoors,other people prefer to spend their leisure time outdoors,but I think both of these two choice has their advantages.

Firstly,Our work is busy,so that we need to play outside with our friend often.Because the air is more fresh in the outsides,we need to relax in the good condition,that is good to our health.We also can play with our friend outside,we can play many kinds of the sports outdoors.

At the other hand,we should spend time to stay with our families.In nowdays,many people like to play with their friend outside,such as in the cafe,or in the resterant,But they do not like to stay with their families in their free time.That will affect their families'relationship in the end.

So whether you stay indoors or outdoors is not a problem,both have their advantages and the disadvantages too.Our final decision should not only be good to ourselves but also is good to our families.

Some people prefer to spend their leisure indoors,other people prefer to spend their leisure time outdoors,but I think both of these two choices hashave their advantages.

Firstly,Our work is busy,so that we need to play outside with our friend often.Because the air is more fresher in the outsides,we need to relax in the good condition,that is good to our health.We also can play with our friends outside,we can play many kinds of the sports outdoors.

AtOn the other hand,we should spend time to staying with our families.In nowdays,many people like to play with their friend outside,such as in the cafe,or in the resterant,But they do not like to stay with their families in their free time.That will affect their families'relationship in the end.

So whether you stay indoors or outdoors is not a problem,both have their advantages and the disadvantages too.Our final decision should not only be good to ourselves but also is good to our families.

In my view, I think the reasons you raised are not strong and convincing enough. Also, pls be more careful with your gramma. I tried to correct some but I guess there are many errors left.

• 3 months later...

The topic requires us to choose between spending the free time outdoors or indoors. I prefer to spend as much free time as possible outdoors for the following reasons: outside you can admire the grandness of the nature and inspire fresh air, you can relax with your friends better outside than confined in a building, you can play numerous physical games and last but not least nature makes you free and you usually feel more alive than inside for walls.

First of all, I choose spending time outside because I like to be closer to the natural environment. It is something about a field of flowers in the spring or a garden of trees in the autumn that makes you contemplate. You can even get a glimpse of the divinity that made it all possible. Our modern civilization confines the individual in a small room for most of the time. Many people, like me want to get out of this virtual prison. If you work all day at the office you will probably like to take a breath of fresh air. Nature is healthier for a human being than starring at a display for twelve hours a day. Therefore we need to spend as much time as possible outdoors.

Secondly, the atmosphere outdoors is more relaxed than the constant pressure from a small apartment. You can make more friends and play football or basketball. A computer game or watching TV does not give you the same satisfaction as having fun with your friends. After all, playing games reminds me of my childhood, the happiest period of my life.

Thirdly, an office worker will naturally want to go out quite often. I am a Computer Science and I gaze at my display for 15 hors a day. Even though it is low radiation, I know it damages my physical condition. I get strains in the neck and rarely even back pains. It is very good to stretch out at a game of football or a set of table tennis if I have the time. I try to balance my intellectual and physical activities. The old Greeks said: “Mens sana in corpore sano” (Healthy mind in a healthy body).

Finally, nature is refuge from the avalanche of responsibilities and worries of the daily life. When you are climbing a mountain you are like the man from the beginnings. You have no computer, car or shower. This feeling is unique and it is hard to describe. It is like you are a part of nature and you are not dependant on all the gimmicks that our civilization has discovered. For me inside is an artificial place and outside is a true place for any human being.

For all that, I strongly believe that more people should spend their leisure time outside, in the middle of the nature. I will always try to make time to run into the park and play some games, or even read a book lying on the grass. The nature is a part of us and we are a part of nature.

Hi parisa,

I think your essay is rather good,your grammatical knowledge is ok but there are still wrong vocabularies,

About your idea,hm...In my opinion,the relationship between passages are not clear and not logical,do you think so?

Originally posted by parisa

Originally posted by Erin Billy

I am very energetic girl. I like to be active, going outdoor and spend my leisure time outside. I like nature like mountains, seas, flowers. I feel better when I lay down by the beach and study my favorite book than being at home and watch Television. I enjoy looking at trees in fall, when the colors of leaves change. I would rather play Tennis outside and in fresh air than play chess inside.

I have found out that one of the best way that treat me when I am sad or upset is going outside and run or play tennis, or doing something that cuase you breathe and sweat alot. It helps me to forget about what make me upset.

In my opinion when you are young you can do something that when you are old you can't do it a lot, becuase your body will become exusted soon,also doing something is dangerious for old people, Such as climbing up the mountain.

In conclusion, I prefer enjoy my leisure time outdoor and breath fresh air because I feel beter and I can forget the things that make me upset. I also suggest young people to enjoy their time and do something that they can't do it when they become old.

Hi Aquila

Let me list the main idea from every para:

first para - the outdoors provide an escape from the daily chores

second para - the outdoors provide relaxation and games

third para - the outdoors are a source of health

forth para - the outdoors bring you closer to nature

I agree with you that I have been a little confuse. I should have stated in every para the main idea, but I did not considered this practice necessary in this case.

Thank you for your thoughts and hope you will read my other posts

Which way do you prefer to spend your free time? Stay inside or go outside? I will choose to spend my free leisure time outside. There are two major reasons as follow. First, it’s good for physical healthy; Secondly, it also give me a chance to release myself in natural environment, which will benefit my mental healthy.

To majority of nowadays people, outdoors activity are especially needed then ever before. The modern facilities and life style are doing invisible harm to us, both physically and mentally.

As a computer engineer, I often confront with the radiation that is emitted by the screen; also the computers and other electronic equipment can generate positive ion which is not good for healthy. The copier can generate ozone and high dense ozone can damage respiratory system. Even the normal air conditioning environment is another invisible killer to our healthy. If the air conditioning equipment is not cleaned regularly, it will be a perfect place for microbe to reproduce. We should have more outdoors exercises in order to avoid being harmed by the modern facilities. And generally, outdoor activity, either in a sunny day or rainy day, is very good for healthy. Sunlight can help human body to produce various vitamins, including vitamin E. It’s an anti-oxygen substance which is proven to be effected in preserving human organ in good and young status. A rain in a forest can produce abundant negative ion, which is very good for respiratory system.

Many statistics results of psychology researches indicate that outside exercises can produce very positive effect on adjusting people’s mental state. People often feel much more energetic after an outdoor camping. Imagine that having a trip in the countryside, walking along the rural road with your friend, you can forget all about the fussy problem that we have to confront every day, and enjoy fresh air, sunshine and the joy being with friends. You do not have worried about the bill that you constantly pay for, and worried about being late for work or to be rush with your project. Just relax and slow your pace, seeing the beautiful sight that is created and gifted by Nature Mother, you will have your experience and feeling expense.

In short, outdoors activity does much good than indoors activity, both in mental and physical. Hence, I strongly advocate travel outside as more as you can, to explore and discover the beautiful nature.

Hi powerplane

Which way do you prefer to spend your free time? Stay inside or go outside? I will choose to spend my free leisure time outside. There are two major reasons as follow. First, it’s good for physical healthy; Secondly, it also give me a chance to release myself in natural environment, which will benefit my mental healthy.

To majority of nowadays people, outdoors activity are especially needed then ever before. The modern facilities and life style are doing invisible harm to us, both physically and mentally.

As a computer engineer, I often confront with the radiation that is emitted by the screen; also the computers and other electronic equipment can generate positive ion which is not good for healthy. The copier can generate ozone and high dense ozone can damage respiratory system. Even the normal air conditioning environment is another invisible killer to our healthy. If the air conditioning equipment is not cleaned regularly, it will be a perfect place for microbe to reproduce. We should have more outdoors exercises in order to avoid being harmed by the modern facilities. And generally, outdoor activity, either in a sunny day or rainy day, is very good for healthy. Sunlight can help human body to produce various vitamins, including vitamin E. It’s an anti-oxygen substance which is proven to be effected in preserving human organ in good and young status. A rain in a forest can produce abundant negative ion, which is very good for respiratory system.

Many statistics results of psychology researches indicate that outside exercises can produce very positive effect on adjusting people’s mental state. People often feel much more energetic after an outdoor camping. Imagine that having a trip in the countryside, walking along the rural road with your friend, you can forget all about the fussy problem that we have to confront every day, and enjoy fresh air, sunshine and the joy being with friends. You do not have worried about the bill that you constantly pay for, and worried about being late for work or to be rush with your project. Just relax and slow your pace, seeing the beautiful sight that is created and gifted by Nature Mother, you will have your experience and feeling expense.

In short, outdoors activity does much good than indoors activity, both in mental and physical. Hence, I strongly advocate travel outside as more as you can, to explore and discover the beautiful nature.

What a nice and convincing essay. So clear the organization, so interesting the facts, and so useful the advice for health. [dance]

However I think there are some minor grammar mistakes:

...outdoors activity are especially needed then ever before....

...also the computers and other electronic equipment can generate positive ion which is not good for healthy....

...which is proven to be effected in preserving human organ in good and young status...

...Many statistics results of psychology researches indicate that...

Anyway I bet you will get a 6.0 score for this essay. [bounce]

Where do I prefer to spend my leisure time- indoors or outdoors? To choose one, is not possible. The choice depends on my inclination at that point of time, besides the weather and other circumstances. In the following paragraphs I will discuss in detail, the factors that determine my choice.

Early morning walks are an essential part of my daily regimen. The poet William H. Davies had said: …What is this life, if full of care

We have no time to stand and stare….

My morning walk provides me my time to “stand and stare” before I begin the day “full of care.” It is also the time I use to plan the day ahead, the time when fresh ideas come into the mind.

After returning from the day’s work, I find nothing more pleasurable than hitting the couch with a cup of hot coffee, in front of the television set. It is a great relief to liberate the mind from confines of professional or personal issues and lose myself in watching what is going around the world.

A cool winter Sunday, with the sun bright enough but the air cool and not chilly, makes the perfect setting for an afternoon out in the park. I could watch the kids play or break into a jog myself. The soothing sun and refreshing air make it impossible to leave for indoors.

Yet again, there are times when I want to lie down with a favorite book for hours together, in a cozy corner of the house. In that corner, I could relive the Victorian times of past or could be transported to the future, wherever the author takes.

So, to sum up, I would say, I tend to enjoy my leisure time thoroughly irrespective of the fact whether I spend it outdoors or indoors.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oops I exceeded the time limit!!

anyways here it is.

i suspect i've digressed somewhat.....

please comment.