Urch Forums

too many books what to use?

hudsn

I have several books to prep for the GRE, my weakness is verbal especially not knowing much vocab I started studying today with hopes of taking the exam in mid Jan.

I started going thru some methods for ants, analogy's & sc but realized I am getting everything wrong since I have poor vocab.

I decided to skip to a chapter on reading comp instead but how do I begin?

I assume maybe should I spend bout a moth studying vocab before doing practice questions or do practice questions and have to look up each word.

Is there a prefered word list?

I have the following books:

Kaplan GRE Vocab in a Box, Barrons Essential Words for GRE, PR Wordmart, ARCO Words for test takers

NOVA's GRE, Barrons GRE 2009, PR Guide to GRE

Overall what is the best way to start preparing for verbal with having a poor vocab and what books should I focus on or purchase?

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I have several books to prep for the GRE, my weakness is verbal especially not knowing much vocab I started studying today with hopes of taking the exam in mid Jan.

I started going thru some methods for ants, analogy's & sc but realized I am getting everything wrong since I have poor vocab.

I decided to skip to a chapter on reading comp instead but how do I begin?

I assume maybe should I spend bout a moth studying vocab before doing practice questions or do practice questions and have to look up each word.

Is there a prefered word list?

I have the following books:

Kaplan GRE Vocab in a Box, Barrons Essential Words for GRE, PR Wordmart, ARCO Words for test takers

NOVA's GRE, Barrons GRE 2009, PR Guide to GRE

Overall what is the best way to start preparing for verbal with having a poor vocab and what books should I focus on or purchase?

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you could refer the advice from othe people in this site, it's really helpful. They have evaluated all the above-mentioned books

Dear!