273 on August, 28

Hippo

Hi pals,

I passed through my TOEFL exam few days ago. My score is:

L 27

SW 12-29

R 29

227-283

Well, results could have been better, I will wait for the essay score. I had time to check only part of it.

Unfortunately, I got quite a noisy place near the exit door and had some troubles in the beggining of the B listening section when people began to go in and out. I think I missed some points at that time because I became anxious. So one should try to be PATIENT during the exam even if something disturbs him. That's the key to the listening.

I was not sure about two questions in the structure section, and I had a bad feeling, because I didn't see "difficult" ellipsis questions.

What about reading, I think I failed on the inference question. I had one in which I couldn't find the right answer. In fact, there were no direct reference in the text, and facts given could be interpreted in different ways[}:)](or at least it seemed like that :cool:). Synonym questions were quite easy. I didn't know the answer for 2 of them. But I examined carefully the text. In one case the word was used in another context and I figured out its meaning. The second one was used with the adjective which helped to get rid of the meanless variant(I was hesitating between two of them).

If you have questions I will be glad to answer all of them.

I wish you the very best scores,

Hippo.

Hi Hippo

Congratulation on your result

Compare the score of your REAL test to score you ussually get in practice, are they different a lot. Which section(s) seem to be much more difficult than that in practice test.

Thank you very much and best regards

Originally posted by An Min

Hello, Hippo!!

Congratulations!!!

As I thought, you got your wonderful scores.

I hope someday I can get such scores as high as you got.

What is your next plan? GRE or something?

With best regards.

An Min.

Thank you An Min. You are too kind.[bounce]

I wish you to get the very best score![goodjob]

I plan to take GMAT, but i'm not sure yet.

Best regards,

Hippo.

Originally posted by vpos406

Hi Hippo

Congratulation on your result

Compare the score of your REAL test to score you ussually get in practice, are they different a lot. Which section(s) seem to be much more difficult than that in practice test.

Thank you very much and best regards

Hi Vpos406,

Thank you.

As you could read here on forum the best preparation software is PowerPrep. I got 203- and 207- when I first took it. So my real score lower boundary is about 20 points higher. I think it is due to the real test concentration. I had bad environment conditions when I was taking preparation tests - there was much noise and talks around me. In fact, I think that PowerPrep tests estimate test taker's score quite accurate.

All sections were similar to those in PowerPrep. The suprise for me was only the listening section, because it consisted of 49, instead of 30 in PowerPrep, questions.

Best regards, Hippo

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Kirting,

Thank you.

I don't need to take any exams right now, but I beleive that GRE is not a problem if you are a graduate. If you are undergraduate it could be a problem; however if you eager to get the good score you will be able to do that. You just need to put in a lot of work.

Wish you the best GRE score!

Best regards, Hippo

Hey Hippo,

Congradt's on your result. And good luck distantcube for your TOEFL. I am thinking of taking the TOEFL later this year and was wondering if like distantcube if you could be kind enough to give us any suggestions...

Anyway good luck to everybody taking the TOEFL....

And once again congradt's Hippo,

Tim

Hippo,

Congrats... terrific score! [goodjob]

I just want to ask you about the delivery of the official score. I saw your first post is on Aug 30, and you've post about your final score on Sept 30. Did it take a whole month to receive the official score?

Thanks...

Cheers,

Zulfikar Dharmawan

Hey zulfinho,

I do think it takes a month or even more to recieve the offical score... one mate of mine took it and recieved the score a month later like you believe Hippo did..

I don't know the reason why it took so long for my mate to recieve it but he did recieve it a month later,

~TIM~

Hi,

In general, ETS promise to send info 2 weeks after the test day. And they estimate another 2 weeks period for the letter to reach the destination. After the month of waiting ETS give advise to worry about your results and message them. You can read this information in the TOELF Bulletin.

In my case I think the reason of the delay was that the operator made a mistake when I was arranging a TOEFL appointment and marked my country as Russia instead of Belarus. I didn't catch that and, therefore, I didn't corrected her. In fact she had a strange accent ;-); I beleive she wasn't the native speaker. So my results were first sent to Moscow( to the local center ) and only after that the score was resent to Minsk where I live. Fortunatly I gave the right postal index. Moreover, Belarus is the former Soviet Union republic so we have quite strong postal links between our countries. Luckily it doesn't confused the people in Moscow center and they resent letter to me ;-).

Wish you hadn't such a problem with your results.

Best regards, Hippo.