Urch Forums

Economics tattoo

Zomb1

• 11 months later...

We had some fun with this old thread this past fall/winter, before the server crash.

Here's an idea: Say's Law, in Chinese characters. Since the future prosperity of the global economy throughout the 21st will be based largely on China consuming a much larger share of its own products... Thoughts?

There's no way to put LaTeX onto the forums, but I'd vote for (the symboled up version of):

Fix a game G. Then there exists s element cross_i Delta(S_i) such that u_i (s) >= u_i (s*, s_-i) forall s* in Delta(S_i) forall i in N.

Word. I think the Nash equilibrium (add all the math language you can, backwards E's and subscripts and everything. there's also a geometric nash equilibrium if you google it) is the clear winner. But I like micro, so there you are.

I'd also vote for a really simple graph, something you learned in an intro-level class that strikes you as elegant. Or pick your favorite math idea.

I also like the really crazy Pareto graph recommended by a few others.