Urch Forums

#023: In some countries, teenagers have jobs while

Erin

I'll be glad to know your opinion about my essay :)

In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this is a good idea? Support your opinion by using specific reasons and details.

Teenagers can have less time for studying when they start work. However I believe it is beneficial to start working being a student as it develops very valuable personal qualities like responsibility. Also working within the same area of studying can have a lot of advantages.

First of all, I think that work can teach young people a lot of good qualities. For example, students become more responsible when they start work. It occurs because of many reasons. One of them is that being an employee a teenager has to fulfill certain tasks and very often his salary will depend on the results of his work. Since it is a usual desire to have more money, a teenager will have to become more responsible for what he is doing. Another reason is that if a person is not responsible at work, his manager will surely not be pleased with that. As a result this person can be even made redundant. That is why while working a teenager is forced to become more responsible due to the negative consequences that may follow if he is not.

Moreover, working in the field, in which students are going to have a job after pursuing a degree, is extremely awarding. By this way they can understand better what for they are studying and what career they may have. It happens because of many contacts they have while working. Observing the process and speaking to people can clarify a lot for them. Additionally, young people will understand better the theoretical issues as soon as they start using them in practice. In this case working and studying can be mutually beneficial.

To conclude, it is good for teenagers to have jobs while studying. They will learn how to be responsible. Their job can also help them to better understand the goals of their studying and how the theories are applied in practice.

Originally posted by Sveta

I'll be glad to know your opinion about my essay :)

In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this is a good idea? Support your opinion by using specific reasons and details.

Teenagers may have less time for studying when they start to work(I think regard the"work"here as a noun is better). However I believe it is beneficial to start working being a student as it develops very valuable personal qualities like responsibility. Also working within the same area of studying can have a lot of advantages.

First of all, I think that work can teach young people a lot of good qualities. For example, students become more responsible when they start work. It occurs because of many reasons.One of them is that being an employee a teenager has to fulfill certain tasks and very often his salary will depend on the results of his work. Since it is a usual desire to have more money, a teenager will have to become more responsible for what he is doing. Another reason is that if a person is not responsible at work, his manager will surely not be pleased with that. As a result this person can be even made redundant. That is why while working a teenager is forced to become more responsible due to the negative consequences that may follow if he is not.

Moreover, working in the field, in which students are going to have a job after obtaining a degree, is extremely awarding. By this way they can understand better what for they are studying and what career they may have. It happens because of many contacts they have while working. Observing the process and speaking to people can clarify a lot for them. Additionally, young people will understand better the theoretical issues as soon as they start using them in practice. In this case working and studying can be mutually beneficial.

To conclude, it is good for teenagers to have jobs while studying. They will learn how to be responsible. Their job can also help them to better understand the goals of their studying and how the theories are applied in practice.

Hi Sveta,I think your essay is well organized,and the words such as "first of all","moreover"and so forth make yours essay more influent.Well done![bounce]

But there are some sentence can be improved next time,don't be nervous

they are all correct however;)Take this for example:"It occurs because of many reasons."If we replace it with "There are many reasons for ... "or"One of the reasons why... is ...",I think the expression can be more lively:)

Ok,that's all,they're just my own opinion,maybe not so professional:ohope they'll be helpful.

Study at school is a way to learn and gain knowledge and abilities. Working is also a process to learn new kowledge and skills. Both, in some ways, are same. I think that it is a very good idea for teenageers to have some work experience before graduation. I firmly believe that one day the experience will be a great treasure for each of them. I will

First of all, working experience will enrich their storage of knowledge and woking capabilities. There are lots of knowledge and skill which students can not learn at school. They have to gain these knowledge and skills at work. For example, they will find their own ways to communicate and cooperate with others. These ablilities are very valuable for one to prepare early and use them in his future career, because his career is not only depends on his degree but also his cooperation and communication skills.

In addition, working experience will also educate teenageers to know the ture value of money. There are lots of teenagers out there waste their parents money. They think money comes easilly. Herefore, working is the best way to correct their views of money and lets them know the nature law "No pay No gain!" It is very important for everyone of them to use his money to do the right things.

Simply put, working experience teach undergraduated students from any sectors of living and working to enrich their knowledge capacity and money management ability.

• 2 weeks later...

Topic #023:

In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you

think this is a good idea? Support your opinion by using specific reasons and

details.

People sometimes express the strong sympathy about having jobs in spite of

being teenagers on the scenes of other countries that is aired on TV. With

regard to this issue, like many other people, I have a strongly negative idea

of it in that it deprives the students of many times to study as well as

make friends.

More than anything else, it deprives the students of the time to study.

Teenagers must study for their futures and it could give them solid basis for

them. Jobs can be sought whenever they want after they become adult and the

study is completed. Teenager's jobs have a possibility of ridding them of

having a better job in the future. In this respect, teenagers' job while

being students is not desirable.

The next thing i'd like to mention here is that it also deprives teenagers

of time to make friends. Teenagers' friends usually last long for their

commonness for having difficulties. Their works do not allow them to have a

chance to make these friends. For example, I have many friends now since my

high school. I have strong conviction that they last longer than any other

friend. In this manner, teenagers' jobs have an bad influence on making

friends.

In conclusion, whenever I watch TV programs showing the teenagers under

circumstances that they must work, I think that they would be devprived of

enough time to study and make friends. This could have an big influence on

their future jobs and life.

• 1 month later...

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO RATE MY ESSAY!![banana][dance][banana][dance][banana]

Nowadays, some may hold the opinion that teenagers should spend all of their time study,while they are students,whereas, others think that sometimes teenagers should work,while, they are students In my perspective, it is truly a good idea that teenagers have jobs,while, they are students. My reasons to support this view are outlined as follows.

To begin with, teenagers will learn how spend their money. Mostly teenagers can work just minor chores such as babysittng or gardening, thus, they will earn only 6-7 dollars per hour. Through this ways, teenagers will find that it is not easy to have their own money or it is hard to make a living. Therefore, they will appreciate the value of money they earn and spend their money more carefully.

Second, responsibility is one of the best qualities that teenagers will learn by having jobs. To illustrate, teenagers have to be responsible for everything they do at work. Some may have to send pizzas or to wash dishes or even clean the bathrooms in the resturants. They have to do anything they are odered to do in order to earn their income. Hence, teenagers will learn how to be responsible with tasks by having jobs.

Lastly, aside from responsibility, having jobs can promote teenagers to be self-discipline. For instance, having jobs means that ones have to be there on time and have to work full hours in other to get paid. Hence, teenagers will learn how to manage their time and also manage their energy to do all the work provided.

On the whole, if all the factors mentioned above are considered, we can reach the conclusion that teenager will earn many experinces and advantages by having jobs such as being responsible.

Hi joyyoj. In my view your essay is really good, although I have something to tell you.

First of all, I didn't really get attracted by your use of "while"-s in your introductory part. You should try to use the alternative words to while, also your use of commas is not quite correct. Try to use commas according to the flow of the idea. Using too many of them is the same as not using them at all. Here's what I noticed and corrected:

Nowadays, some may hold the opinion that teenagers should spend all of their time studying (,)while they are students,whereas (,) others think that sometimes teenagers should work (,while they are students) and study interchangeably In my perspective, it is truly a good idea that teenagers have jobs (,while,) as they are students. My reasons to support this view are outlined as follows.

Also, try to list the main points of your following paragraphs in the introductory part briefly.

Try to use more straightforward sentences and arrange the sentence in a proper order. So, instead of:

"teenager will earn many experinces and advantages by having jobs such as being responsible."

write:

"Having a job will give many experiences and advantages to a teenager, one of which is responsibility"

On the whole, I liked the arrangement.

Oh, and by the way, I liked your saying "they will earn only 6-7 dollars per hour.". I earn $1 per hour as a computer technician and am happy with it :) So 6-7 dollars are not "only 6-7 dollars", but are whole 6-7 dollars :).

OK, keep up writing the nice essays.

You know joyyoj, compared to the 5.0 score essays that you can find on the Net or anywhere else, your essay seems to be better, but if you correct the minor mistakes, which I know that you really are able to correct without any problem, you will even have a chance to reach up to the desired 6 score. Remember, that no essay is perfect.

Cheers dude :cool:

It is very well known that some teenagers work while they are still students in college or university. It is also known that as much experience working a person has, the more possibilities to get a good job after graduating they have.

But, which are the benefits a teenager experiments by working while studying? Besides experience, which will be recognized later, they are also able to make sure they have found out what they really like doing; sometimes teenagers realize which their career will be for their whole life, while working for the very first time.

I would say responsabilities and the ability to manage them is one of the most important qualities a teenager acquires when working while studying, because he will realize the more he works on it, the more he will get later.

Disadvantages? The first one I can think about is "Money indepence", a teenager earning his own money and deciding what to spend it on, can be a little dangerous whenever he is not mature enough to invest it the best way. On the other hand, there will always be the chance a teenager will preffer to work and quit studying cause of earning money.

When a teenager is about to decide wheter work and study or only study, I think the most important point to discuss about would be his maturity and ability to settle down when living new experiences.

In Some Countries, Teenagers Have Jobs While They Are Still Students.

Do You Think This Is A Good Idea?

I do agree with that teenagers should have jobs when they are still studying. This world has changed quickly. How to get access to connect the realty society? How to be more mature? In my opinion, I think to have a job earlier when you are still learning in school. There are my several views below.

First of all, to get a relative job with your subject will prove your learning from your study.

There are too many things that you can not get or know it very well from your study. A classroom is very difficult to copy an exactly the same environment for your learning. For example, if your subject is learning hotel management, and you find a job that is in a hotel, you will know more about how a hotel can be manage. To prove it what you have learned.

Secondly, to get a job what you are interesting in will help you what sort of job is suit you when you are a student. On this way, teenagers may find their direction for future life and can make a correct decision earlier. For example, perhaps you don¡¦t have any feeling in your class learning, trying to do some part time jobs, you would find out what jobs are more absorbing for you.

Thirdly, you can support your basic economy when you have a job after or before your class. I believe that most teenagers like some thing new, interesting and novel. In my country, teenagers like to have a newest, hottest mobile phone, even they are expensive. Teenagers are trying to save more money for something they like.

Finally, having a job while they are teenagers is a good thing. Working and studying can make them to be more independent in their thinking, mind and economy. As far as I am concerned, it is good for teenagers having a job while they are students.

Please rate my essay. Thank you very much.

#24. In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this a good idea? Support your opinion by using specific reasons and details.

My Essay:

Being independent is an attributes. It’s an inner strength, but sad to know that not all teenagers are having this ability to rationalize things. I mean, being independent is a great factor for someone to succeed. It’s a training ground in handling hard work and determination.

First of all, working hard to get your education is one tough thing to do. I think it is a good idea for teenagers to have a job while they’re still students. In my country Philippines, we considered education as a passport to become successful. It’s a known fact that our country belongs to the third world country. The standard of living is very low and it has a high rate of unemployment. That’s why education is our best price catch to be able to be competitive. Not all people can afford to acquire it, which is why those who have a hard time getting their education wind up working while getting the education they dream of.

Another thing is, gauging one’s determination to succeed is a plus factor. I can attest to that because I had a first hand experience of being a working student. My determination was so strong to the point where I could no longer feel the bumps that hit on my way. I didn’t bother the pains and hardship because I knew for sure that after all those obstacles; I could finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. And as I looked back to it, I can only say that it was all worth it.

Lastly, encouraging the teenagers in today’s generation to endure hardship and be determined enough to get into the finish line of success is one good thing to do. But, it all boils down as to how much perseverance and determination they will put into it. So, it varies from the personality of each teenager.