Urch Forums

HOW TO PREPARE TO PASS THE 2017 FPGEE EXAMINATION

FPGEE2017PASS

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, the exam was very broad, so you need to exposed yourself to various resources. For the books, though you can't expect to score high from reading just APhA and The Comprehensive Pharmacy Review, by reading both of them thoroughly and make sure you understand, memorize, and can apply those concepts, I think that would help you to pass the required score.

APhA looks easy, but make sure you take important notes and memorize them.

The Comprehensive Pharmacy Review, as far as I can recall, the first half of the book were helpful. The law part was more applying those concepts than just direct questions.

Other areas, like pharmacology concepts, pharmacokinetic, dynamic, were also important.

Medicinal chemistry, Pharmaceutic concepts and calculation are very important part.

I didn't graduate PhamD, but I felt like a lot of clinical questions were like more applying. I guess it was like pharmacotherapy something like that.

The rest, I can't even familiar with those concepts, technical terms. I've never seen those before.

Try to start reading early and make sure you can memorize them.( in my opinion, at least 6 weeks for 8 hours studying a day). Practice questions at the end of the book after you finish each chapter to make sure you understand and catch the main concepts.

Study hard and goodluck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

( in my opinion, at least 6 weeks for 8 hours studying a day). Practice questions at the end of the book after you finish each chapter to make sure you understand and catch the main concepts.

Hi all. 2012 Canadian pharmacy school graduate. Have been practicing for 4.5 years, want to relocate to US to be with my partner who is American. I have registered for the April 2017 exam, but haven't received my ID yet. I expect to receive my ID a few weeks before the exam and will start studying now. I basically have 6 weeks which is not much time at all. I have collected alot of data from past exam forums and in doing so have formulated the following strategy.

1. Review Lippencott's Pharmacology

2. Read APhA

3. Read CPR

4. Go over calculations using Pharmaceutical Calculations 13th edition Howard C Ansel

5. Practice questions using Manon Schroff

6. Management studying using Remington and Manon Schroff Management

Will do practice questions after finishing each chapter of APhA and CPR supplementing with questions from Manon Schroff. I've read that knowing basics is very important, hence I am reviewing Lippencott before starting anything. Will take notes as I go along to retain and understand topics instead of just skimming. Knowing a little about a lot of topics is very important from what I've read, hence relying on CPR as your main book is not recommended. Better off sticking with APhA. Recommended to ignore nuclear pharmacy but still read the OTC chapters. CPR chapters 1-28 and 37-57 from CPR focusing on adverse effects and contraindications. You don't have to memorize the whole topic of every chapter. Many people recommend relying more on APhA versus Manon Schroff or CPR.

I only have 6 weeks. If I have belief and confidence to get this done, so should you! Good luck everyone and keep me posted about your progress!

Beardo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone , I have very good friend he is a Pharmacist in Egypt, here is USA to make life for this family, I am trying to find information for him so that I can help in any way I can so he can take the correct steps to become a license pharmacist here is USA - He currently lives in NY. is he able to work as a technician while he is here doing his tests? also, what are the exact steps> does he take the FPGEE FIRST, then the TOEFL test, or vice versa?

if I get him the APHA BOOK AND THE comprehensive pharmacy review book will this be helpful for him? also how can I get the application to him to start taking the FPGEE TEST I keep reading it takes a while before you are even considered for testing.

good luck to all, god bless.

if anyone can help please reply

I am also certain he will like to study for this test with anyone interested .

• 3 months later...
HI everybody Im new in this Forum. Im a foreign Pharmacy graduated from Spain several years ago, not practicing, so I forgot a lot ...I live now in California and I want to start to prepare to take the PFGEE examination in April 2017. AND I WANT TO PASS IT. I would like to know which MATERIALS would cover for sure all the subjects included in the test. I have been reading several opinions from people who have just taken the test in October and it seems that the books that i thought I would study like Apha, Lippincotts Pharmacology and Pharmacy Examination review are not enough...??? Would you consider too add to the load the books that are specific to prepare NAPLEX also? What about online courses or youtube videos? Books are expensive so I would like to buy the ones I would think will lead me to pass the examination. Its a lot of time and money invested so I don't want to waste any of those. ALSO if there is anybody preparing for the test who want to be in contact with me and others while we prepare for the test that will be great and very supportive and encouraging ! I feel very isolated and I think it will help to be part of a study group, online group, etc if anybody is in LA that will be ideal but online is fine. Any suggestions and feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Hi!!! How's the exam? I assume you took the fpgee last April 2017.. Did you made it? I think we're almost the same experienced when it comes to pharmacy. I'd been graduated Last year 2000 and not practicing since I immigrated here in California in 2010. I am also struggling because I am working full time and have a baby, thinking that I can only give 3 hrs a day until April 2018 which the date that I am planning to sit the fpgee. Do you think it would be enough time to cover the review materials? What do you think the best thing to study first? What chapters of the book in CPR? Because I am started reading that book. Can you pls give me some infos (do's and dont's) while reviewing? Thank you in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...