Urch Forums

#031: Some people spend their entire lives in one

Erin

Hi sai! Here are some things that I see.

The sentence "In my opinion, by moving to many new places looking for a better job, house, community or even climate, one would gain experinece to lead life in any stiuation and adopting to new enviroment." has a mistake with parallel structure. I would change "gain experience to lead life in any situation and to adopt to a new environment.

Also in the same sentence I would use present simple instead of would. "one gains experience" or "one can gain". Moreover the entire paragraph is in the present tense, so if you use the past tense in one sentence in most cases you make a stylistic mistake.

In the second paragraph "one will know" I would change to "one learnes" or "one can learn" for the same reasons. Every time one moves he learns. It will help if you look up know and learn in a dictionary.

Word "like" when used in the sense "similar to" is slang.

"like job, good schooling for children." is an enumeration. I would separate the items with and.

"education for children is provided by goveronment by providing schools." I didn't see this mistake before. Change it to "education for children is provided by goveronment" and it will be perfect.

Next sentence. Use conjunction. "In Canada health insurance is taken care by the goveronment,so one need not pay for the visit to the doctor."

"one need not pay" you should change to "one doesn't need to pay". It is the negative sentence, so you need to use auxilary do.

"one will know where they stand" - one is singular, they is plural. "one can learn where he stands"

"I strongly prefer, moving from place to place is a great experience over staying at one place." You can prefer something. Then you can believe that something is something. But you cannot prefer something is something. Look up prefer in the dictionary and read the sentence.

I advise you not to use "like" in that sense. I hope this helps!

Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throughout their lives, looking for a better job, house, community, or even climate. Which do you prefer: staying in one place or moving in search of another place? Use reasons and specific examples to support your opinion

Man has been always a wandrer. Centuries ago humans never settled at one place for their entire life. They used to wander in search for food, shelter. However, over the years humans started living in groups and settling down. Today, except in some in countries like arabia people do not often change their habitats. But in today's world when people often keep on moving in search of good jobs, climates. I prefer to keep moving instead of settling down at one place.

First of all i like travelling, visiting new places, knowing about new cultures. I have always been enthusiastic to visit new countries, new people. I like to study new cultures, places. Thus i will fulfil my desire by moving to new places. Instead, if i settle down at one place, then hardly i will get opportunity to visit new places, prople and hardly i will get a chance to learn about new culture. Also if a stay in one place i will loose various oppotunities to lift my career itself.

However, there are disadvantages of frquently changing the places. For example, If you have children then you need to settle down at one place because if you change the places too frequently your childrens will face problems in their education. Also, When one settles down place, he will get good friends and also develope close realtions with his neighbours, co-workers, which will not be possible in other case.

Thus, even though i would prefer changing places in search of better jobs, climate, we can not change places frequently.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody. Please tell me your opinion of this essay.

Though I like to travel,enjoy seeing different places and look forward to different experiences, I prefer to spend my entire life in one place.The reasons for my preference being the opportunity to build bonds with the people around me, to render service to the community and above all to

have a sense of belonging.

When you spend a lifetime in one place, you get ample opportunity to interact with the people around you and build lasting friendships and bonds.For many of us, meaningful relationships based on trust are not cultivated in a few days or months.They have to be developed and nurtured and over a considerable period of time. This becomes difficult to achieve if we keep on hopping from place to place.

When we live in the same place, we can devote a portion of our energy and time for the betterment of the community of which we are a part. We can serve well only when we are unencumbered by feelings of discontent and ruminations about moving to a better place. What is

a community after all but a group of people like ourselves? If each of us resolve to make it better and act accordingly,then is there any need to search for a better community and place ?

Above all, staying in one place for a lifetime gives us a sense of belonging and stability. These satisfy an important aspect of our emotional needs.

In sum, a happy life is not just about high paying jobs, beautiful houses or even climate. It is about meaningful friendships,loving bonds , a sense of belonging and positive contribution to the community in which we live.To enjoy all these benefits, it is better to spend our life in one place

and strive to make it better.

• 1 month later...

Could someone rate my essay ? Suggestions comments, ...All of your ideas , opinions about my essay would be welcomed and appreciated Topic 31:

It is a debate whether people should spend their entire life in one place or not. In my opinion, because of variation of style life, a chance to travel and explore the place , I want to move many times in search of new place, new culture

The first and most important reason is I have always liked to have different life in different places . In my mind, the experience of different places with different customs, and cultures is so interesting . All the change of moving to different places can make a change in my life and make my life more enjoyable and exciting

The second reason is that a chance to explore new community , to contact different people in new places always attracts my attention . To me moving many time to new places is similar to have a chance to travel around and get in touch with new culture . That , undoubtedly, can broaden my knowledge , give me an opportunity to understand the thinking , the life styke of different people in different places. I certainly cannot get these benefits if I just live in one place for entire life

I n conclusion, I strongly recommend the youth to try to move to different places as many as possible . The experience of variation in life and the knowledge of different people and cultures can make your life more enjoyable , exciting and interesting .

[heartbeat]:cool::D:):o

Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throughout their lives, looking for a better job, house, community, or even climate. Which do you prefer: staying in one place or moving in search of another place? Use reasons and specific examples to support your opinion.

-------

In one's life, choosing between living in one place for his entire life or moving a number of times throught his live sometimes denpends on many things, such as type of the job he has, his character, and even other reasons that he cannot decide. But if I can choose, I prefer staying in one place, and that place would be my hometown for the following reasons.

Job is a very important thing in one's live. In many cases staying in a place or moving depend on this factor. On myside, I have a good job in my hometown. I do not earn very much but I am sactisfied , and I love my job. And I think this is very important.

Another reason makes people think about change their palce to live is the community. Fortunately, my town is quite a good place. It is a small town, there is hardly any crime, people are very friendly. We almost know well eachother. Besides, I have my big family here. If I have any problems I could turn to them for help.

Sometimes the weather and enviroment conditions also takes consideration when we decide to move. In my case, I am living in a tropical country. It is true that sometimes it's very hot. But I love summer and beaches. My place is next to the sea, so the weather it is very confortable. I feel my living here all the time is in a holiday.

Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throughout their lives, looking for a better job, house, community, or even climate. The choise is mainly due to individuals, however, it is hard to say before that I will stay in my hometown for my whole life, but only in compulsory cases I would move from this place.

There are some who always move into different countries for many times in their life searching for a better environment.However, from my point of view, I would rather spend my whole life at my home town.I have a lot of friends and relatives here. I form my self identity here. My home town is where I belong to.

I have a lot of people who I cannot live without. Those of them include friends, mother, father, brother and relatives. They have been with me since I was born. I cannot think of other people in the world who I would rely on than them.They are priceless to me, surpassing anything from a better income or a better job.

I have form my self identity in my home town, the self identity which my way of thinking is agreeable to others.For example, when I was in western country, I was really irritated by paying for tips. This is because I’ve never pay for tip at any restaurant and everyone in my country also don’t think that paying tip is necessary.Furthur, Self identity is important to me because this kind of thinking form a basic of what I am.If I chage living place frequently, in my view,I will loose this kind of native thinking.

Living a place where you not really belong to cannot match the livablility in your home town. Those country which has a good environment usually has high standard when it choose cadidates who will become its citizen. You will not get the same right and same treat from government until you have proven your ability to be a really good citizen.

Changing living place does has advantages but I have more important things to consider.Home is not only a place where I live or work. It is a place where the closest relationship begins.It is a place where its social context forms your way of thinking.Thus, I prefer to live my whole life in my home town.

• 1 month later...

Can you give comments for my essay?

If Columbus had not started his navigation, would we have discovered all places in our world today? As transportation improved, we started to move our home among cities. Although some of us like to stay in a city throughtout their lives for stable living style, there are many of us who want to take the chance of having better live by moving from one location to another location. In my opinion, moving in search of places suitable for us is always better than staying in a city.

Firstly, ones can choose among places providing the best opportunties, such as better house, career, or community, by moving to new places. Before I moved to Los Angeles, I always thought that Hong Kong was the best home for me as it provided me most kinds of entertainments, job opportunties, and the best transportation. However, I changed my point of view after a year of study in UCLA. I noticed that Los Angeles has some advantages that Hong Kong lacks of, such as the awesome climate and diverse culture. On the other hand, Hong Kong are better than Los Angeles in its transportation and job opportunties provided for me. People who stay in a place forever will not find which place are better for them.

In addition, even if people moved to a worse location they can choose to move to other places quickly. I have a friend who moved his houses every other year. He was my neighbor when I was in primary schools, and we were living in a village far from the down town. His family decided to move to the down town area for better transportation. However, he became my neighbor again last year, as his family missed the way they live here. We can have pets and plants in our village but not the down town. People who choose to leave a location can always move back to their previous home. Therefore, moving to a new place is not worse than staying in one location.

In conclusion, people should consider moving to new places for better opportunities. We may find better jobs or entertainment in new places. We can always move to another place if we do not like the existing location. We should grab the opportunty of having a better home whenever we have chances to do so.

Can you give comments for my essay?

If Columbus had not started his navigation, would we have discovered all places in our world today? As transportation improved, we started to move our home among cities. Although some of us like to stay in a city throughtout their lives for stable living style, there are many of us who want to take the chance of having better live by moving from one location to another location. In my opinion, moving in search of places suitable for us is always better than staying in a city.

Firstly, ones can choose among places providing the best opportunties, such as better house, career, or community, by moving to new places. Before I moved to Los Angeles, I always thought that Hong Kong was the best home for me as it provided me most kinds of entertainments, job opportunties, and the best transportation. However, I changed my point of view after a year of study in UCLA. I noticed that Los Angeles has some advantages that Hong Kong lacks of, such as the awesome climate and diverse culture. On the other hand, Hong Kong are better than Los Angeles in its transportation and job opportunties provided for me. People who stay in a place forever will not find which place are better for them.

In addition, even if people moved to a worse location they can choose to move to other places quickly. I have a friend who moved his houses every other year. He was my neighbor when I was in primary schools, and we were living in a village far from the down town. His family decided to move to the down town area for better transportation. However, he became my neighbor again last year, as his family missed the way they live here. We can have pets and plants in our village but not the down town. People who choose to leave a location can always move back to their previous home. Therefore, moving to a new place is not worse than staying in one location.

In conclusion, people should consider moving to new places for better opportunities. We may find better jobs or entertainment in new places. We can always move to another place if we do not like the existing location. We should grab the opportunty of having a better home whenever we have chances to do so.