Urch Forums

Columbia University!

Meraj

G-Force,

My door is always open.... as soon as I get a door (A very expensive, NYC door that is... :D

No official letter yet, just a few ambiguous questions about my language abilities... :yuck:

Still, it is looking good, for someone who has yet to submit a complete application... :)

• 1 month later...
It looks like hard work and perserverance pays off! I just received funding (TA) for this year at CU. 2100/mo + Tuition + Health. :D If you're curious my stats are posted somewhere in the forum. Thanks for all the help and support!!!

AWESOME!! Columbia rocks big time!

Btw, did you apply to the MS or PhD-EE program? Your post in the 2005 Profiles thread mentions that you've been admitted to the EE PhD program while according to this post, you will be attending the Masters program. :confused:

• 3 months later...

I'm applying to Columbia's Quantitative Master's in Social Science program. It's like a statistics program for non-quant people. Supposedly its standard for admissions are lower than its regular stat program. I hope so. I received a 1260 on the GRE's (670 on math though which is great for me) and a 3.5 gpa. It's going to be close. However, one of my recommenders got his Phd in stat from COlumbia!!!! Hopefully, that should be enough to put me over the top.

Question to people who were admitted. How long did you have to wait from when you submitted your application to when you received your acceptance letter? Three weeks? Three months?