Urch Forums

help me with ibt reading

murthy

hi,

i prepared from longmann and kaplan .longmann is available in library. if u want i can send u the kaplan four full lenght pratice test to u .one thing i want to make sure is this is not for sale .i want to help those who are in need.for more deatalis pm me

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the delay in replying. I got the required scores on the march 17 iBT. REading: The passages are really long...try to skim the passages once before trying to answer the questions. Speaking: Try to speak slowly and confidently. Outline the main ideas only to save time. Writing: In the integrated passage try to connect the passage with what you hear in the listening section. Listening: Be attentive. Hope this helps.

Hey, i am giving all the info i remmeber in my toefl april 8th.

reading, fossils, farming in britan, cave paintings and sound movies in us and other one i dont remmeber.

Speaking- Most important public service in your country

Writing-several subjects v/s single subject

Hi murthy!:)

i hope you did well on the test. please share your experience in your second attempt.How did you find the reading part this time? overall did you feel more comfortable in it? my second attemp will be in less that 10 days.

hey karin,

just be relaxed.i have posted the reading topics,this time reading was oaky buti think the listening, speaking and writing were good.make sure u read those 500 vocabualry ,because most of them were from there.i got five passages,it was tiring but u can do it.donot waste ur time by reading the whole passages,try to go to questions directly.i wish u good luck. feel free to ask any questions .

hey karin,

just be relaxed.i have posted the reading topics,this time reading was oaky buti think the listening, speaking and writing were good.make sure u read those 500 vocabualry ,because most of them were from there.i got five passages,it was tiring but u can do it.donot waste ur time by reading the whole passages,try to go to questions directly.i wish u good luck. feel free to ask any questions .

How can I get THOSE vocabulary. Never heard about that!

hi,

i prepared from longmann and kaplan .longmann is available in library. if u want i can send u the kaplan four full lenght pratice test to u .one thing i want to make sure is this is not for sale .i want to help those who are in need.for more deatalis pm me

hey thanks a lot..........

Can u please contact me on my mail id n after my test i will return ur material to u........

My mail id is rishma_15@hotmail.com

Thnaks a lot once again n can u tell me where do u live.......

hi guys

the vocabulary was already posted in the forums.so, iam again posting the web site so that it will help u guys.

http://www.toeflvocabulary.com/

what u do is that ,u pm me with ur details .so that i can send u the material

hey thanks a lot..........

Can u please contact me on my mail id n after my test i will return ur material to u........

My mail id is rishma_15@hotmail.com

Thnaks a lot once again n can u tell me where do u live.......

Hi Murthy

Can you please give me some advices for speaking part, i took TSE many times but couldn't get 50, i have to pass other parts also but i'm worrying more about speaking in which i got 20, can you pls help me and give me some advices what to do and how to improve or prepare for speaking section.

If you can pls mail me to pmrmipt@yahoo.com

Thank you very much

My address is

Rishma Patel

6621 Midlothian tpke.

Richmond. VA-23225

Thanks a lot for ur help n very much appreciated.

hi guys

the vocabulary was already posted in the forums.so, iam again posting the web site so that it will help u guys.

http://www.toeflvocabulary.com/

what u do is that ,u pm me with ur details .so that i can send u the material

Hey thanks alot........... n i will return it to u when my exam is finished..........

Hey once u mail it tell me so that i can delete the address........n thnaks for ur advice

i have taken the date n my exam is on 10th june...

hi

try not to post ur personal address in any public forums.because there are few who will misuse it.i will send it by tomarrow to .after ur are done with the exam try to post it back to me. i wish u good luck

hey thanks

My address is

Thanks a lot for ur help n very much appreciated.

hi,

i would send the file attachment to ur mail id on sunday .as iam busy with my exams.i will definately send u the test by sunday.okay then bye see u.

Hey thanks alot........... n i will return it to u when my exam is finished..........

Hey once u mail it tell me so that i can delete the address........n thnaks for ur advice

i have taken the date n my exam is on 10th june...

hey thanks

hi, guys i got my results today

my total score is 99,R-24,L-24,S-26AND W-25

I WAS HOPING TO GET ATLEAST 100.

i wa hoping for 100.i donot why i will always miss i magin.

if any one need any help feel free to ask .

Congrats. murthy! Asking for rescoring is an option for you now. try to do it. i am sure you'll get the 100.

congrats murthy......... hey this time u have done too good.............

Can u suggest some tips or how did u prepare for exam this time.............

any way keep it up............

hey murthy did u tried that link to work its not working yet.......... i tried alot but its not working its askin for cd............

hi guys ,

iam getting mails about how to improve the speaking part.so iam posting some of do's and donts

1)try to speak clearly and slowly

2)try to give intro and conclusion

3)mange the time

4)do not repeat any sentence twice

5)if at all u give pause,try to continue immediately

6)coming back to topic try to use words such as coming back or where i was or as i was lost some thing like that.

i am not an expert.i just want to help others.if any one think that the info iam giving is wrong please try to correct me .others those who have taken the exam try to help other test taker.especially about reading and speaking.try to motivate each other by helping.i wish u all good luck and pray to god abpout evey one success.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Everybody,

All the best for your exams.... Do well...... Even I having my TOEFL Examination on July 21, 2007... I am very much scared about Reading and speaking.... I have practised Kaplan 4 practise tests but i feel that i need to practise more full length test... If anyone can tell me the website for full length Toefl practise test or if u can mail me the material for full length practise test, it would be nice..... By the way Murthy congrats for scoring 99.... I think that because of your hard work you have scored that much.. Even I am trying to score 100.... Wish me luck and pray for me......

Hello , i have a question about estimating scores in iBT , I bought a book which contains seven Model tests " Barron's 12th edition "

But i want to know how to estimate my reading scores

there were 3 parts of reading , eash question worth 1 point , but the last one worth two points or more , i want to know about this question - the last one . For example , " Complete the summary by selecting the Three answer choices from sex choices . This Question worth 2 points " , my question to you is : are the 2 points for the whole question , i mean if I answer the all three choices correctly i get 2 points ? or for each choice i got 2 points which means the whole question give me 6 points ...

I hope you understand my question , and I'm looking forward to hearing from you the answer :)