Urch Forums

Toefl iBT Rescoring result for 12/12/2007!!!

AJRAYES

I know that this thread shoud be posted in the Toefl Form and I apologize for that, but I thought that I should share it with you guys cause I am a pharmacist and I wanted all foreign pharmacists who struggled or still struggling with Toefl iBT to know that there is a hope.

The Toefl scoring report for 12/12/2007 was:

Reading 27

Listening 19

Speaking 23

Writing 24

Now, my exam was 7:30 AM wednesday morning, and i had to work 10 hours shift on monday and tuesday, and that's why I justified my poor performance on the Listening section because I was really exhausted, but the one I couldn't find an excuse for was the speaking section score and I mentioned before how frustrated I was about it and that I sent a rescoring request for it.

I've received the rescore result by mail yesterday and they actually added 4 points to my previous 23, so now it's 27 and that's what I was looking for.

I wanted to thank Pharmalady, one of the Speaking section victims, who encouraged me also to go for rescoring.

I just wanted you guys to know that whenever you score all what they ask for, but between 23 and 25 in speaking, then, you should definitley go for rescoring and never hesitate.

Now I am done with FPGEE and hopefully with FPGEC too, and I will see you guys in the NAPLEX form.

Best of luck and success for all of you.

:tup:

Congratulations!

This is one of scoring errors that ETS has made.

I am suspicious how NABP respects "TOEFL iBT scoring process."

It is unbelievable that NABP, the only organization that certifies Pharmacists of the United States, use "TOEFL iBT" to certify "Pharmacist."

I think everyone who takes toeflibt should make use of the rescoring opportunity, it works! I passed my fpgee at the first attempt in Dec 06, then I started taking toefl. I took it 6 times, had speaking 22 once, 23 twice and 24 three times; I was getting frustrated by the day then after the last attempt on 12/7/07 I decided to request a rescore after reading other peoples' experiences on the forum, and by God's grace I got 26 after rescoring and got my money back too!

So guys use it and don't get discouraged

I took iBT TOEFL 4 times and requested rescoring of the speaking part 3 times. Here are the results before and after rescoring:

test 1: 23 has changed to 26

test 2: 18 has changed to 23

test 3: 23 has changed to 26

( I didn't passed test 1 because of 22 in writing part).

As you can see, everytime I reqested rescoring, I got 3 (5 !!!) more points. Of course, I was aware that there was no chance to get 26 after 18, but I didn't want to let them to make a fool out of me! At least, I got my money back;).

I think that something is really wrong with standards for scoring the speaking part. If " professional raters " do the rescoring then I would like to know how professional the regular raters are! How is it possible that their job has been overriden every time? My strategy for TOEFL was to ask for rescoring every time. It's hard for me to encourage you to do the same thing, because that means more money for ETS. But it worked for me...

We have to prove that they are inconsistent in scoring speaking part. In my case that is 100% mistake:crazy:.

Hi friends,

How do we request rescoring for TOEFL IBT? Do we need to send our scoresheet with the request? Is it only for speaking section only or we can request for writing part as well? Please help me as I have failed the exam for 2 points in writing and 2 points in speaking. Thanks.

For RBC,

You can log in to ETS: Educational Testing Service – Home and log in to your account, then you have to request a form for rescoring, then you can download the form, print it and mail it to them with the form of payment you like to use.

You can actually request the speaking and writing sections to be rescore, and you have to pay 60$ for each one, so your total would be 120 for both.

It took me to weeks and got the responce from them, and I believe it depend on your location.

I wish you the best in the rescoring process.