Urch Forums

Admission Query??

surabhi

Iam new to this site ,came to know abt it some one week back.. andi have also given my gre recently, i got a score of 1210 480-V 730-Q essay expecting. my toefl score is 270 AWA-5.5

Iam not too happy with my score and I hope cud have known abt this site before my gre prep

My gpa is 3.6/4.0 and i have a 6 months experience in a MNC

my field of engineering is Electrical Engineering.

You guys have helped many on this site,.. can please suggest that in which colleges should i apply and one more query i have that .. with this score can i get admission in UCSD...

and that How is SDSU??

I will appreciate if can help me out in this or anybody else can advise..

Iam new to this site ,came to know abt it some one week back.. andi have also given my gre recently, i got a score of 1210 480-V 730-Q essay expecting. my toefl score is 270 AWA-5.5

Iam not too happy with my score and I hope cud have known abt this site before my gre prep

My gpa is 3.6/4.0 and i have a 6 months experience in a MNC

my field of engineering is Electrical Engineering.

You guys have helped many on this site,.. can please suggest that in which colleges should i apply and one more query i have that .. with this score can i get admission in UCSD...

and that How is SDSU?

I will appreciate if can help me out in this or anybody else can advise..

Hi,

I don't know about EE specifically, but UCSD is a very good CALIFORNIAN university. The campus is located ... well, basically - right on the beach. Imagine, how many people want to get there ? :D I guess, your profile should be distinctly different from the crowd, if you want to have any hope on success... btw, they have statistics on their web site - you can go and check what is acceptance rate for your program.

I did it myself for chemistry and figured out that they take 1 (one) international student per an. What is 1 ? In case of the discrete distribution - it means that I'll just never get there!

I'll be honest with you - your gre-q does not look outstanding at all :(

SDSU seems to be much easy task.

• 2 weeks later...
Surabhi, you should be knowing that UCSD does not have a terminal MS program. Either you have to take the MEng, or the PhD option. Again, UCSD is very very competitive. Just to quote an example, last year Gforce (TM-ian) got a reject with a GRE score of 1500 and AGRE score to the tune of 90+ percentile. Hope you got the point. Your MNC experience may help you, but not to a great extend if the MNC is a software company. Also, the admissions are based on a number of factors, and not the GRE alone.