Urch Forums

179 Many problems of modern society cannot be solv

adyasha

179 Many problems of modern society cannot be solved by laws and the legal system because moral behaviour cannot be legislated.

There is no doubt that laws and legal system in the society play an important role in maintaining peace and tranquility. Law and legal system helps in keeping balance in the society. As everyone know that behind them the legal system is there, which will give them the real justice. Everybody feels free and dauntless. It creates fear in the minds of bad people. In this way laws and legal systems are responsible for the systematic and harmonious life in the society. In this context we can say that most of the problems of modern society get solved by our laws and legal system. But we can’t say that it solves all our modern society problem.

Mostly the problems related to our moral values, behaviors can’t be solved by the laws or legal system. Law is a such thing which creates fear in one’s mind .So she or he may not break the rule out of fear. But there are so many other things in life which can’t be done by creating fear in one’s mind.

For example a mother’s love for her child. In our modern society women are getting more career oriented. So they have started neglecting their children ,their families. As the children don’t get proper attention and love from their mother, they are getting rebellious. More over they become wayward. This is a very big problem for the society. Because today’s children are the future of the society and it is very necessary that they must be disciplined. Here we can’t make a rule for making a mother to love her child.

Now in society we can see people are getting more and more selfish day by day. They are not concerned about others problem and worries. Joint families have been converted into nuclear families. Love harmony which was prevailing among the people earlier seems to have disappeared from the society. Here again the legal system and laws fail in restoring that love and brotherhood among the people.

Lack of respect for elders and for our old traditions among the Children is one of the biggest problem of our society. In the name of modernism they have started to forget their old traditions and culture of the society. As a result of it our culture is in the verge of destruction. No law can be made to make the youngsters to respect their culture.

So we can conclude that laws and legal system fail when human sentiments ,emotions come into picture. We can teach a child a person about our moral values but can’t force him to obey that.

Hello Sri

This is my second essay i’m sending to u.till now i haven’t received response of my 1st essay.i hope i will get response this time.waiting 4 yr response. adyasha

My comments in red

There is no doubt that laws and legal system in the society play an important role in maintaining peace and tranquility. Law and legal system helps in keeping balance in the society. As everyone knows that behind them the legal system is there, which will give them the real justicehow?. Everybody feels free and dauntlesswhat do you mean by dauntless?. It creates fear in the minds of bad people. In this way laws and legal systems are responsible for the systematic and harmonious life in the society. In this context we can say that most of the problems of modern society get solved by our laws and legal system. But we can’t say that it solves all our modern society problem.

You've used the phrase laws and legal systems a good half a dozen times in that paragraph. Try to go for some variation.

Mostly the problems related to our moral values, behaviors can’t be solved by the laws or legal system. Law is a such thing which creates fear in one’s mind .So she or he may not break the rule out of fear. But there are so many other things in life which can’t be done by creating fear in one’s mind.

Again you have used phrases repetitively.

For example a mother’s love for her child. In our modern society women are getting more career oriented. So they have started neglecting their children ,their families. As the children don’t get proper attention and love from their mother, they are getting rebellious. More over they become wayward. This is a very big problem for the society. Because today’s children are the future of the society and it is very necessary that they must be disciplined. Here we can’t make a rule for making a mother to love her child.

Partially true... In most jurisdictions, there are laws in place to stop children from being neglected

Now in society we can see people are getting more and more selfish day by day. They are not concerned about others problem and worries. Joint families have been converted into nuclear families. Love and perhaps harmony which was prevailing among the people earlier seems to have disappeared from the society. Here again the legal system and laws fail in restoring that love and brotherhood among the people.

Lack of respect for elders and for our old traditions among the Children is one of the biggest problem of our society. In the name of modernism they have started to forget their old traditions and culture of the society. As a result of it our culture is in the verge of destruction. No law can be made to make the youngsters to respect their culture.

True

So we can conclude that laws and legal system fail when human sentiments ,emotions come into picture. We can teach a child a person about our moral values but can’t force him to obey that. Some values but not all.

Your essay is satisfactory. You have given some good examples. The language is not the most lucid I have encountered. The structure is acceptable. There are some grammar errors.

Score: 3.5/6.0

Justification: A reasonably well written essay, with some relevant examples.

Hi all,

I could not come up with substantial examples for this essay[:(!], any pointers will be of great help:cool:.[sir, Amigo, if you guys see this post,plz do rate it]

shilpa

"Many problems of modern society cannot be solved by laws and the legal system because moral behavior cannot be legislated."

Society has tried to solve problems and maintain order, since primordial

times using laws. Every tribe or community had laws which required

strict adherence. Nevertheless, history offers plethora for evidence to

suggest that problems which stem from fundamental nature of man,

cannot be solved with legal system.

During the middle ages many attempts were made to solve the problems

like adultery, etc. using legislation in attempt to maintain the cohesion

of the families. These laws which dictate on the moral behavior have

always been circumvented and never really effective as laws cannot

really control man's personal thoughts and actions. The failure of

Prohibition: enforcement of legislation against alcohol consumption, is

another example where legal system where not able to enforce morality.

Most of the modern day problems arise from dissolution of families- because

of high rate of divorces, teenage pregnancies, drug use, etc. Legal

system cannot enforce laws which can prevent breaking up of the

families as that would be coercion, making people remain in unhappy

marriages. Psychologists claim that children from broken homes are

usually scathed by the experience and are more likely to drop out of

school and get themselves into trouble with the law.

Another major problem of today is teenage pregnancy. Children who are

too young to take care of themselves end up becoming responsible for

someone else. This results in students dropping out of school to take

care of their kids. Lack of education makes them eligible only for

minimum wage jobs. These mothers are not equipped or matured

enough to bring up their children in the right way. Students can be

made aware of merits of abstinence but this is something that cannot

be imposed by the law.

Promiscuous life style also results in spread of AIDS and other sexually

transmitted diseases. Decadence of the modern society is not

something that can be solved by legal system but by introspective look

into these problems and change in the outlook of the society .

In conclusion, modern day problems cannot be solved with legislations

as morality cannot be enforced. Society should try to solve these

problems through education and by increasing the awareness of these

problems.

hi shilpa, my comments on ur essay

"Many problems of modern society cannot be solved by laws and the legal system because moral behavior cannot be legislated."

Society has tried to solve problems and maintain order, since primordial

times using laws. Every tribe or community had laws which required

strict adherence. Nevertheless, history offers plethora for evidence to

suggest that problems which stem from fundamental nature of man,

cannot be solved with legal system.

wonderful introductory paragraph

During the middle ages many attempts were made to solve the problems

like adultery, etc. using legislation in attempt to maintain the cohesion

of the families. These laws which dictate on the moral behavior have always been circumvented and never been really effective as laws cannot really control man's personal thoughts and actions. The failure of Prohibition: enforcement of legislation against alcohol consumption, is another example where legal system where is not able to enforce morality.

Most of the modern day problems arise from dissolution of families- because of high rate of divorces, teenage pregnancies, drug use, etc. Legal system cannot enforce laws which can prevent breaking up of the

families as that would be coercion, making people remain in unhappy

marriages. Psychologists claim that children from broken homes are

usually scathed by the experience and are more likely to drop out of

school and get themselves into trouble with the law.

Another major problem of today is teenage pregnancy. Children who are

too young to take care of themselves end up becoming responsible for

someone else. This results in students dropping out of school to take

care of their kids. Lack of education makes them eligible only for

minimum wage jobs. These mothers are not equipped or matured

enough to bring up their children in the right way. Students can be

made aware of merits of abstinence but this is something that cannot

be imposed by the law.

Promiscuous life style also results in spread of AIDS and other sexually

transmitted diseases. Decadence of the modern society is not

something that can be solved by legal system but by introspective look

into these problems and change in the outlook of the society .

In conclusion, modern day problems cannot be solved with legislations

as morality cannot be enforced. Society should try to solve these

problems through education and by increasing the awareness of these

problems.

you essay is wonderful with lovely examples. is lucid too. i like the essay very much. you have developed the essay in a very clear manner. tThe word power is good, too. Only thing , I feel , that can be done to improve is to add one more example.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is round , so the place that might seem the end might be the point of beginnning.

Adyasha, I haven't got any previous essays from u...I am really sorry, I would love to help u, but, I have got some deadlines to meet this week (regarding my work and also my applications) so if noone else comments on this one by the end of the week, I will do it!! Good Luck!!

Hello Sri

This is my second essay i’m sending to u.till now i haven’t received response of my 1st essay.i hope i will get response this time.waiting 4 yr response. adyasha