Urch Forums

Masters Decision Thread.

Ecocentric

Hey guys...

Most of the people here seem to be PhD applicants, I'm sure there are master's applicants as well. So thought I'd start a thread for master's admit/reject decisions.

Here goes..

LSE MSc EME: Reeeeeeject! :doh: (aww come on)

Found out a week back from the 'LSE For You' website.

Profile:http://www.www.urch.com/forums/phd-economics/75333-roll-call-fall-2007-applicants-8.html

Eargerly waiting for the rest of the schools..

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think "The Decisions Thread" that's stickied on top will serve the purpose. But while we're on the topic, did you apply for the 1- or 2-year EME? Are they now considering your second choice?

Thought the Stickied thread was a clutter of both PhD and Master's posts. Thought a thread like this would give more clarity to the master's admissions. Anyways..

Applied for the one year course. Thought I had a decent math background, but a reject. Oh well.

Does anyone know if LSE automatically considers you for the 2-year routes?

The LSE program website does not mention this explicitily.

But I had gone for a LSE student recruitment meet where they did mention they consider applicants for other courses(apart from their preferences) in given circumstances(??).

This is vague and does not give a clear answer to your question.

Ne one else here know ne thing bout this?

Hey guys,

I just got this an email from LSE today, subject "How Do I...contact LSE Graduate Admissions?". It goes into details about how to check the status of my application and how to contact the admissions office.

Then, when I checked my "LSE for you" application status page, I see my status has changed to this:

A decision has been made on this choice and is being processed. Processing involves checking by a senior member of staff, and occasionally verification of one or more details by your Department. Most decisions will be finalised and appear here within one or two working days (remember to allow for weekends!), however if we require clarification from the Department your status will remain unchanged for longer periods. No further information is available until all checks have been completed, and the decision will be posted here first.

I'm so nervous! What and/or how can I read into this? What does this mean? Is any one else getting some sort of similiar status update from LSE?

I applied for:

(1) 2-yr EME

(2) 2-yr Econ

FYI, I submitted my online application on January 18.

I'm so nervous! What and/or how can I read into this? What does this mean? Is any one else getting some sort of similiar status update from LSE?

With the caveat that there are no guarantees, it seems like everyone who ever got that message always ended up getting in.... (people who are rejected appear to find out immediately)

I also applied the MSc in Economics (2 yr programme) but don't have received anything yet.... I'm so nervous...

Only UIUC mailed me good news....

Now... My applied courses are all quiet...

NYU, UMich, Duke --- MA in Economics

UMN-TC, Cornell --- MS in Applied Economics

LSE --- MSc in Economics (2yr Programme)

I also applied the MSc in Economics (2 yr programme) but don't have received anything yet.... I'm so nervous...

I got an admit to UIUC too on Feb 7th.

EconMsGiggle, I've applied to almost the same places except UMN-TC and Cornell.

Have you heard anything from NYU, Duke, Umich? And when did you get your UIUC admit?

It seems like the Cornell AEM program is apparently not a popular choice. Without us, I have found only one other applicant to the program. I wonder why........ :whistle:

I'm in!

LSE --- MSc in Econometrics and Mathematical Economics (2yr)

As expected, no graduate merit award (I figured this expectation was realistic by reading previous TM'ers post on MSc's in LSE).

Thanks a lot guys for all your help! Best of luck to you all with the admissions process!