Urch Forums

June rescoring

sonalikalra29

Hey guys..

Did anyone got there June Tse rescoring results.....i didn't get mine yet...so was just wondering if anyone else got it or not....

Man!.... these people take so much time..i called them and they said that it's under processing.Already 3weeks are over for me.

God bless everyone...

thanks

Hey guys..

Did anyone got there June Tse rescoring results.....i didn't get mine yet...so was just wondering if anyone else got it or not....

Man!.... these people take so much time..i called them and they said that it's under processing.Already 3weeks are over for me.

God bless everyone...

thanks

Hi there. You know what, it's nothing new. That's normal to ETS. They will say you should be receiving your score after 3 weeks or 4 weeks but expect that you will receive it by the 5th or 6th week. They're never true in what they are saying and what they are doing... like rating our test.

Goodluck and God bless to you.

I didn't receive the result for May test rescoring yet. I sent the request form right after I received the May result. I called them last Friday to ask about my request. They said it takes 3-4 business weeks and that doesn't include Saturdays and Sundays.:mad:

Hi there. You know what, it's nothing new. That's normal to ETS. They will say you should be receiving your score after 3 weeks or 4 weeks but expect that you will receive it by the 5th or 6th week. They're never true in what they are saying and what they are doing... like rating our test.

Goodluck and God bless to you.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer, with the last TSE in U.S. I think they might be overwhelmed with rescore request going back to January or February and it may take 12 weeks or longer.

Even i had called ETS guys and they said that they are done with rescoring and have posted the results on Monday or Tuesday....

So i am still waiting for my report to arrive...Still no deduction from my credit card....So crossing my fingers...

Hope its 50......but dont tell me my score reduced to 40.....scared kind off...

God Bless

All the Best....

Hey guys i got 50 in my june rescoring .....

I am so excited about it...and thanks god million's time...

I am also thankfull to everyone in this forum....

May god bless everyone...

Thanks again....

I even cleared my TOEFL ibt.....R - 28, L - 26, S - 26, W - 29....

:)

Thanks God

congrates!

when did u apply for rescoring?

jinal

Hi Sonalikalra29:

Congratuations on passing your TSE and TOEFL-iBT.

I am still badly struggling with TSE and TOEFL-iBT. I need to get TSE 50 or pass 4 parts of TOEFL iBT with 26 for speaking and 24 for writing.

Compare to TSE, do you think whether TSE is easier to pass or TOEFL -iBT easier to pass?

I have problem to jot down the notes while listening or reading. Therefore, I am not sure whether integrated writing and speaking is more difficult. Also, Do you have to finish all the answers or almost finish all the answers in specific time limit in order to get 26 for speaking? I found it difficult to finish my answers in one minute. Did it take you long time to prepare the TOEF-iBT?

Which book did you study? any advice?

wish to pass:(

Hi Sonalikalra29:

Congratuations on passing your TSE and TOEFL-iBT.

I am still badly struggling with TSE and TOEFL-iBT. I need to get TSE 50 or pass 4 parts of TOEFL iBT with 26 for speaking and 24 for writing.

Compare to TSE, do you think whether TSE is easier to pass or TOEFL -iBT easier to pass?

I have problem to jot down the notes while listening or reading. Therefore, I am not sure whether integrated writing and speaking is more difficult. Also, Do you have to finish all the answers or almost finish all the answers in specific time limit in order to get 26 for speaking? I found it difficult to finish my answers in one minute. Did it take you long time to prepare the TOEF-iBT?

Which book did you study? any advice?

wish to pass:(

Hey there

Yes i gave my IBT on 29th of july..and it went quiet well.I had

to give mainly for speaking section coz i cldn't clear my TSE,so my main concern was speaking section.

I didnt practice much on reading listening and writing..but as i gave TOEFL cbt before so i didnt find it very difficult.

I followed Kaplan,Princeton books for IBT and found them good.

Reading section has some difficult Vocab words and its quiet lenthy...so u should really concentrate on time limit..and practice for that....U will be able to finish on time but i didnt get time to chk my answers.So probably Practising for Time management could be main criteria for Reading section.

Listening section

In listening the conversations were quiet lenthy specially the lecture part...so u will have to take down notes...simultaneously while ur listening.

Some can do without taking notes....but i will advice u to take one....as sometimes they really ask some information from lecture...so its good if u write abt lecture while u listen...as u might forget those minute little details.

I didnt find this very difficult and as the clarity of voice is very good..its easy to understand the topic.

Again lecture's are very lenthy...so it gets boring by end.

Speaking

Well this section is a little bit tricky....but i dont know about others i found it better than TSE...but yes u will have to practice before a lot.Coz the Q are not very direct so u should have an idea abt the pattern of Q before hand as u wont get time there to understand the pattern of Q's there.

So do lot of practice for speaking......and as now u have lot of material available for practice...so just get 2-3 Toefl Ibt books and practice all Q in speaking part...specially the 4th and 6th Q cld be little tricky..other 4Q are kind off OK....Converse in English with everyone...i think thats really impt as it gets u in flow....so u wont find it difficult to talk there.

Dont worry abt distractions there in Center as other's might also give Speaking section with u...just concentrate on ur Q.....and talk clearly...try to ignore other voices...

Writing

Well abt writing...i could do it on time and also cld get time to chk my essay.If ur not very fast in typing...dont worry..i think u will be able to finish it.As i am also not too fast typer.But managed it somehow..

4hrs are quiet long...u tend to get tired by end...but overall its not that difficult....and ofcourse we dont have anyother option rght..So Keep practising.

Well this is what i felt....now lets see how do i score.

All The Best to U and everybody.

:tup:

Hi:

Thanks for your suggestion. I am practising with TOEFL-iBT longman book. Is that Book good or not? I want to know how to do integrated task well on speaking part especially regarding the lecture.

Time is a big issue. I find it is difficult to finish the question 4 and 5 in time ( because I have to compare the reading and listening passage and speak about both passage in question 4 and 5, I always cannot finish the complete answers in the time limit). And, I found that it is hard to take notes while I read the reading passage in question 4 and 5 ,as the reading passage disappear so quickly, even though I can take notes well for listening passage in question 4 and 5. Question 4 and 6 can be difficult if I face to some unfamiliar topics, but question 4 is harder than question 6.

For speaking section, should I take notes for the reading parts in question 4 in speaking parts, as the reading passage disappear so quickly?

My question is : For the speaking section, if I do not finish but almost finish the question 4 and 5 answers on time , and cover most of the main points and ideas ( not all), do you think it is Ok ?

another question: Some unfamiliar vocabularies or terms in the lectures in question 4 and question 6 might be hard to pronounce. Do ETS expect us to pronounce the vocabularies or terms correctly ?( it is sometimes hard to remember how to pronounce them after just listening once to the listening passage on the lecture). What if I pronounce the hard-to -pronounce vocabularies close enough , but not completely correct? Do you think it is Ok?

What makes you think TOEFL-iBT is easier than TSE?

thanks a lot, if you can reply.

wish to pass

:(

Hi:

Thanks for your suggestion. I am practising with TOEFL-iBT longman book. Is that Book good or not? I want to know how to do integrated task well on speaking part especially regarding the lecture.

Time is a big issue. I find it is difficult to finish the question 4 and 5 in time ( because I have to compare the reading and listening passage and speak about both passage in question 4 and 5, I always cannot finish the complete answers in the time limit). And, I found that it is hard to take notes while I read the reading passage in question 4 and 5 ,as the reading passage disappear so quickly, even though I can take notes well for listening passage in question 4 and 5. Question 4 and 6 can be difficult if I face to some unfamiliar topics, but question 4 is harder than question 6.

For speaking section, should I take notes for the reading parts in question 4 in speaking parts, as the reading passage disappear so quickly?

My question is : For the speaking section, if I do not finish but almost finish the question 4 and 5 answers on time , and cover most of the main points and ideas ( not all), do you think it is Ok ?

another question: Some unfamiliar vocabularies or terms in the lectures in question 4 and question 6 might be hard to pronounce. Do ETS expect us to pronounce the vocabularies or terms correctly ?( it is sometimes hard to remember how to pronounce them after just listening once to the listening passage on the lecture). What if I pronounce the hard-to -pronounce vocabularies close enough , but not completely correct? Do you think it is Ok?

What makes you think TOEFL-iBT is easier than TSE?

thanks a lot, if you can reply.

wish to pass

:(

Well i ahve no idea about longmann...coz i did from kaplan,princeton and Mcgraww hill....just to practice speaking section i followed so many books as can get many Q to practice...

Well ur rght the integrated part is quiet tricky and i kind of faced same problem as urs regarding not able to make notes for reading passage...

but later on figured out that there's no need to make notes for 5th Q...try to remember the topic's main point....and in ur answer mention more points from listening part and can touch few pts from reading part......i hope u got me..

4th Q is the hardest one...practice a lot on that....again cover more points from listening part.

And try to finish answers on time....it's ok if ur not able to in 1-2 Q.They just want u to speak so that they can understand U.....they dont care nuch for accent.

Thats what i felt.....

Keep practicing...

All the best

HI.I haven't received my June rescoring yet I faxed it on July 17 .I called ETS this morning the lady told me that they are done with rescoring and they mailed out the letter ,but they didn't consider my new address so they sent the letter to my old address.she asked my new address and told me that I will get the letter regarding the June rescoring within 7 days .I don't know my score is changed or not.

• 2 weeks later...

i did call them to asked for my score and the girl who i talked to said my score was not change.... anyway I am just wondering how can that lady understand me when I am talking to her on the phone when the raters rates me as 45... i dont think she has difficulty understanding what I was telling her... so do the raters really have a different way how to speak in english...

hi members do anyone know if there is possibility of requesting another re scoring on the same test ....would ets allow that...

anyway to all who got their magic score congratulations... to the other memberss maybe toefl -ibt will be good to us ....

thanks,,,,

rpt2be

i did call them to asked for my score and the girl who i talked to said my score was not change.... anyway I am just wondering how can that lady understand me when I am talking to her on the phone when the raters rates me as 45... i dont think she has difficulty understanding what I was telling her... so do the raters really have a different way how to speak in english...

hi members do anyone know if there is possibility of requesting another re scoring on the same test ....would ets allow that...

anyway to all who got their magic score congratulations... to the other memberss maybe toefl -ibt will be good to us ....

thanks,,,,

rpt2be[/quot

I never heard of anybody who, tried to get a re-rescore, I don't think it is possible, because an experienced rater "rate" the rescore. But, you can always ask the ETS. Good luck, or better yet good luck with ibt.

I asked 2 re-rescoring as they gave me 40 for april and may after rescoring. I wrote letter regarding my situation. I asked 3 rescoring with 45 and got all 40. How strange!! And I asked my June score which I got 40 for rescoring, too. I did not get any message from them yet..

Anyhow congratuations to who got 50 and wish we can solve these tough problem. Best wishes to all of you!

Min

I asked 2 re-rescoring as they gave me 40 for april and may after rescoring. I wrote letter regarding my situation. I asked 3 rescoring with 45 and got all 40. How strange! And I asked my June score which I got 40 for rescoring, too. I did not get any message from them yet..

Anyhow congratuations to who got 50 and wish we can solve these tough problem. Best wishes to all of you!

Min

Dear Min,

It is not unusual for ETS to give lower score, after all sometimes, they want to look like they were more generous. It is very rare to get a higher score, about 7 or 8 of my students got "50" after a rescore, but there were hundreds of rescore request and most of them were lower score or same score. However if you have any other rescores left, don't give up, and if you are outside the US they have TSE until March 2007. Good Luck!