Urch Forums

#111: Some people prefer to spend time with one or

Erin

#111: Some people prefer to spend time with one or two close friends. Others choose to spend time with a large number of friends. Compare the advantages of each choice. Which of these two ways of spending time do you prefer? Use specific reasons to support your answer.

• 4 weeks later...

Everybody is the same in the sense that all need friends. However the way we spend time with friends may be different. Some people prefer to spend time with a larger number of friends while others choose to spend time with only one or two close friends. It is very hard to say which way is better because both of the choices have their own advantages and disadvantages. As a whole choosing the latter or former is totally dependent on the life style of each person. As a kind preserved man, personally I prefer to spend time with only a few friends for several reasons that I will detail in this essay.

(sorry I gotta go out now, I will come back and finish my essay before long).

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Erin Billy

#111: Some people prefer to spend time with one or two close friends. Others choose to spend time with a large number of friends. Compare the advantages of each choice. Which of these two ways of spending time do you prefer? Use specific reasons to support your answer.

If I would be to choose to spend my time with one or two of my close friends than to spend time with a large number of friends, I would choose the second option.

I have lots of friends and all of them are fun to be with. I enjoy spending my time with all of them as much as possible. Though we rarely meet as a group nowadays because of other obligations circumstances, I still look forward to the day we meet all again. Just talking about the stuff and other foolishness we did back in school. I feel lucky to have them as my friends because they are more than just companions, they are like walls that I can lean on in times of crisis may it be emotional or financial.

Out of my circle of friends, I have a best friend. A one in a million kind of a person. There are things that I can not tell to my other friends. But I can reveal anything and everything to my best friend. And we've been tested by time and circumstances. I also like to spend my time with her because she's also a jolly person like the rest of my friends. But nowadays, she's been busy with work but we still find time for girly talks. There was not a week that passed that we didn't exchanged calls.

There is this saying that "No man is an island" and I agree to that. Everyone of us needs other people to be friends with. Friends help you to get up when you fall, gives you unending support and encouragement, and always tries to put a smile in your face when you're feeling low. True friends never leaves you in good times and in bad times.

Originally posted by nu_nam2001

so, do you prefer spend time with only a few best friends or a large number of friends?

Hi! :) Thanks for the comment. I stated my choice in the introduction, "I would choose the second option," only that I did not restate it in the conclusion. Will it affect my score in the TWE?

thanks again

• 7 months later...

--------

Spending free time with friends is the way we relax and entertain, but some people prefer to spend time with one or two close friends when others choose to spend time with a large number of friends. The choise depends on individuals' character.

Spending time with large number of friends is very cheerful. The enviroments is warmed up by many people, by this way we forget many everyday's problems. For example when I am upset, I always go to see a football match with my friends, spending time with lot of people, screaming when goal is scored maked me totally relaxing. Going to big concert is also a kind of having time in exciting enviroment.

But not everyone likes to go to crowded places. They prefer to spending time with 1 or 2 close firends, which is also very enjoyable. People need to talking with friends, sometimes need their friends to listen to their problems, and inreturn they listen to their friends' troubles. Sometimes just being with our close friend in silence is also good. When we are with our close friends, we feel that someone care about ourself, and we care about other, we are not alone in the world. For me having time with my girl friend is very important, sometimes we are just in silence, but looking at each other's eyes we can understand what we want to say.

Each way of spending time have advantages. Although I love going to crowded concerts, and football matches very much, but for me having time with close friends is inevitable, since with them I feel well, and they help me to solve many problems.