Urch Forums

PLZ grade my essay-Judging a person by external appearances.TKS

LouisLin

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One should never judge a person by external appearances. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Everybody has different thoughts to evaluate other people’s abilities. When referring external appearances is a way to judge a person, people always have big disputes on this issue. Some people assert that we should never judge a person by external appearances while the others hold in the opposite. It is sometimes difficult to discuss that we should or shouldn’t to judge a person by external appearances because it is such a complex one. In my opinion, I disagree that we should never judge a person by external appearances because there are three reasons below.

To begin with, according to Italian surgical doctor, Cesare Lombroso’s research, we can know that criminals always have disgustful faces. Cesare Lombroso spared no effort in analyzing what main factor results in crimes. After continually verified, he discovered that physical characteristics of human are related to their behaviors. Amazingly, he also observed that people who have disgustful faces will incline to commit crimes, and he insisted that criminals who have terrible appearances represent as human’s physical degenerations. Lombroso’s theory was announced in 1911 and won wide agreements all over the world in that period. Took me for example, I would go home in the middle of night last weekend, and a shrew who had a barbaric face invited me to take her car. Due to her horrible face, I refused her invitation and insisted on taking bus home. Next day, I read newspaper and knew that someone who took that ugly shrew’s car was killed by her. It was thanks to judging a person by external appearances that I could get rid of that ugly shrew’s terrible attack.

Secondly, as Buddhists say, people’s appearances can reveal their thinking and their personalities. That is to say, if you are considerate and kind, you will have an attractive face. Conversely, if you are aggressive and brutal, you will have a horrible face. As mentioned above, by judging people’s appearance, we can make a lot of good friends. For instance, I went to work first time and nobody paid attention to me. When I felt lonely and agitated, a beautiful female colleague showed her considerations for me and encouraged me to make extra efforts on working. I am delighted that I can acquaint with her, and now we have became closed friends.

Thirdly, people who concentrate on their appearances always have motivation. When we work in companies, people who pay attention to dressing clothes and making up their faces tend to be diligent in their works and win the bosses’ appreciation because they know good appearances is related to their performance. If we just wear jeans, t-shirts and slippers to go to offices, others will think it’s too informal and regard us as desultory people. Owing to casual dresses, we will be considered as passive people and short of capabilities to cope with missions. As mentioned above, we can easily know our appearances play an important role in our careers, even more in other aspects of our daily lives.

From what mentioned above, I am confident to claim that judging a person by external appearances is the best way which provides many benefits for us. If we judge a person by external appearances, not only can we keep away from any criminals and keep safe, but we can make many helpful friends. Last but not least, we can accurately evaluate people’s thinking, personalities and capabilities via their appearances. Due to the above strong reasons and examples, I firmly disagree that we should never judge a person by external appearances and insist my position is the most valid.

PS:I try to use alternative perspectives in writing this esay, please grade and rate my essay,Thank you very much.

Watch out for corrections and comments.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One should never judge a person by external appearances. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Everybody has different thoughts to evaluate other people’s abilities. When referring [add "to"]external appearances is [replace with "as"] a way to judge a person, people always have big disputes on this issue. Some people assert that we should never judge a person by external appearances while the others hold in["in" won't come] the opposite. It is sometimes difficult to discuss that we should or shouldn’t to["to" won't come] judge a person by [his]external appearances because it is such a complex one [shows vagueness.Replace with a direct phrase]. In my opinion, I disagree that we should never judge a person by external appearances because there are three reasons below.

[Starting is good.Take care of prespositions.Basic errors found]

To begin with, according to Italian surgical doctor, Cesare Lombroso’s research, we can know that criminals always have disgustful faces.[I personally do not agree.Veteran criminals are innocent faced too.] Cesare Lombroso spared no effort in analyzing what main factor results in crimes. After continually verified, he discovered that physical characteristics of human are related to their behaviors. Amazingly, he also observed that people who have disgustful faces will incline to commit crimes, and he insisted that criminals who have terrible appearances represent as human’s physical degenerations. Lombroso’s theory was announced in 1911 and won wide agreements all over the world in that period. Took me for example, I would go home in the middle of night last weekend, and a shrew who had a barbaric face invited me to take her car. Due to her horrible face, I refused her invitation and insisted on taking bus home. Next day, I read newspaper and knew that someone who took that ugly shrew’s car was killed by her. It was thanks to judging a person by external appearances that I could get rid of that ugly shrew’s terrible attack.

[....poor shrew.Lin,appearances can be deceptive.A trcikster can bear an innocent face.What matters is the behaviour.Moreover,one can not easily judge a person's wickedness by his/her facial appearance.I know and watched serial killers who were docile faced.One comes to know reallity after the crime is committed.]

Secondly, as Buddhists say, people’s appearances can reveal their thinking and their personalities. That is to say, if you are considerate and kind, you will have an attractive face. Conversely, if you are aggressive and brutal, you will have a horrible face. [Not always true.]As mentioned above, by judging people’s appearance, we can make a lot of good friends. For instance, I went to work first time and nobody paid attention to me. When I felt lonely and agitated, a beautiful female colleague showed her considerations for me and encouraged me to make extra efforts on working. I am delighted that I can acquaint [i am acquainted] with her, and now we have became closed ["close"] friends.

Thirdly, people who concentrate on their appearances always have motivation. When we work in companies, people who pay attention to dressing clothes and making up their faces tend to be diligent in their works and win the bosses’ appreciation because they know good appearances is related to their performance. If we just wear jeans, t-shirts and slippers to go to offices, others will think it’s too informal and regard us as desultory people. Owing to casual dresses, we will be considered as passive people and short of capabilities to cope with missions. As mentioned above, we can easily know our appearances play an important role in our careers, even more in other aspects of our daily lives.

[This point has some relevance.]

From what mentioned above, I am confident to claim that judging a person by external appearances is the best way which provides many benefits for us. If we judge a person by external appearances, not only can we keep away from any criminals and keep safe, but we can make many helpful friends. Last but not least, we can accurately evaluate people’s thinking, personalities and capabilities via their appearances. Due to the above strong reasons and examples, I firmly disagree that we should never judge a person by external appearances and insist my position is the most valid.

PS:I try to use alternative perspectives in writing this esay, please grade and rate my essay,Thank you very much.

Comments:

1. As said above,person's character can't be judged on the basis of looks.One has to dig inside to know the true picture.Had your point been valid,several students would not succeed in exams due to their average looks.Horrible face does not mean that one is criminal or loose in morals.

Great personalities like Bismark was not attractive but still was the best statesman of his time.

2. Had the case been on looks, all women would be innocent(because men are not that attractive as women are.....I know you agree...:D) that is not true.

3. As reagards to dressing sense,the point is valid ,because correct dress for a particular task gives an impression of committment and seriousness.

Thank you.

red heat: I am appreciated your encouragement.

awhig:I know what you mean. Actually, I don't support that we should judge a person by external appearances. I just want to improve my thinking ability so that I would try to verify disagree that we should never judge a person by external appearances. I know verifying the disagreement is more difficult than the agreement. I should try to use the ridiculous reasons, pseudo examples and the controversial theory to address the topic task. However, I am grateful that you could correct my essay and give me useful suggestions. In addition, may you give me a socre of this essay?

All in all, Thank you very much...:)

LouisLi : It is good that you are thinking both ways.You can start by disaggreeing but the points should be strong and convincing. As a rater I did not rate with opposition,rather I wieghed your points and tried to convince myself.When your points could not convince me, I remarked. Your third point convinced me and that is the strong point. Facial apperance is not so strong and so I kept my views in opposition.

What can be other strong point is one's personality. Though this point matches with dressin sense,it can be put in different words to make an effect.

NICE TRY BY YOU.