Urch Forums

NYU admit at grad cafe

fp3690

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems real. But again it's a week early and the McCracken scholarship was mentioned by a bunch of people last year. But it could be someone that Andrew Schotter knows.

By the way, what kind of a person gets kicks out of upsetting the dreams of hopeful economics geeks? It has to be the lamest mean thing ever. This guy is the laughingstock of all bullies.

It seems real. But again it's a week early and the McCracken scholarship was mentioned by a bunch of people last year. But it could be someone that Andrew Schotter knows.

By the way, what kind of a person gets kicks out of upsetting the dreams of hopeful economics geeks? It has to be the lamest mean thing ever. This guy is the laughingstock of all bullies.

McCracken is the generic name for funding at NYU. All admits got one last year.

i don't think it's that unrealistic (although my wishful thinking tells me otherwise)

most of your doubt relies on the fact that no one else on this board has reported back on NYU emails - what percentage of NYU applicants are actually on this board?

good luck to us all!!!

I'm also somewhat suspicious. I would expect NYU admits to come end of this week or early next week. There are enough people here on TM who applied to NYU that if they did send out admits today, at least a few would have heard, especially if they simultaneously send out rejections.

i don't think it's that unrealistic (although my wishful thinking tells me otherwise)

most of your doubt relies on the fact that no one else on this board has reported back on NYU emails - what percentage of NYU applicants are actually on this board?

good luck to us all!!!

Large!

I'm also somewhat suspicious. I would expect NYU admits to come end of this week or early next week. There are enough people here on TM who applied to NYU that if they did send out admits today, at least a few would have heard, especially if they simultaneously send out rejections.

If it was indeed unofficial, then we wouldn't necessarily expect them to unofficially admit a TMer at the same time, would we? Maybe this is not fake, and the official answers will come soon... This is the scenario I hope is true, but I could also see it being fake...

also, do what extent do schools send out notifications "in batches" or on an individual basis?

are "autorejects" sometimes informed immediately, once it's clear that they stand no chance?

are the strongest candidates maybe informed before the general admits?

There is no systematic way this is done. It varies between departments and through time.

there are TWO now at GC!!!

ahh... the second one is an "O"/other... whatever that may mean?

i think believing that more applicants mean later notification this year isn't necessary the right "economics" of admissions. they knew there'd be more and maybe just met earlier to deal with the applications. and then, due to the noise and nonqualified applicants, everything may have finished earlier than last year. doesn't sound crazy to me.

anyway, painful evening ahead - will check emails until 0pm NYC time and am preparing a box of tissues and vodka in any case.