Urch Forums

Anybody want to put a SERIOUS combined effort for 780 (october 2010)

ashutoshcabm

I have neither given gmat nor the gmac/gmat prep tests earlier so not sure about the real gmat difficulty ... but I felt that 800score tests are somewhat easier than rest of the tests (manhattan,kaplan etc ) ... also search for reviews of 800score tests over the web ...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MAIVE, .............Great to hear this, All right your status is similar to mine and your goals are also similar so its done from my side we will study together from monday ok, we will discuss and chalk a plan good?

Ok! I'm ready! I only have 2hrs per day so.. it's a little bit limited..

I plan to take prep1 (from mba.com) this week, probably friday.

Hey maive,

There aren't too many people on here who are targeting Canadian b-schools. What concentration are you interested in? What are your target schools?

I plan to do a PhD in International Strategic Management, with a specific focus on Family Businesses. I'm interested in impact of culture on Family Business Management. So, all my target schools have a Research Center in Family Business: University of Alberta (Edmonton), Haskayne BS (Calgary), HEC Montreal and Concordia.

I'm applying in Quebec too because it is easier for me (I speak French). But I will put all effort that I can to be accepted in an English BS. I WANT to do my PhD in English.. It's my dream..

So GMAT 700++++ , I'M READY!!!!!!!!!!

And you? canadian phd?

Edited by maive

hi everyone

i am plannin to take the gmat in oct.

i havent started studyin yet. i am collecting the study material.

OG-12, and verbal review.

any recommendations??

After a review of some forums, I noticed that Kaplan 800 is a good book for who wants a good mark, so I bought it... Also, I have MGMAT SC and Number Properties (very helpful for DS).

:)

Hey sasan sorry for not replying here. Any planning so far? I just finished my og 2nd time, now i have an error log for me except SC(i am pacing it with Manhattan). Started reviewing the error log, will attain perfection for the error log questions this week and try to revise and complete the Manhattan SC. You said you mailed me something i have not received it yet. Taken GMAC test on Sunday this time 720. NEXT time I will make sure I will be 750+.

And yes all the guys are welcome but rather than asking each other about schools and programs lets focus on getting highest possible scores (according to individual needs) PLEASE

Hi,

I have scored 490 and I am feeling very low (Q33, V25) What to do? How to start my studies?

thanks

rakhi which test did you give ??? and also what was the score for each part like SC ,RC,DS,CR etc ...

Also do you have any maths background ,if no then I would suggest to start with maths basics and also side by side devote some time to verbal (basic grammar)

regards

sason

rakhi which test did you give ??? and also what was the score for each part like SC ,RC,DS,CR etc ...

Also do you have any maths background ,if no then I would suggest to start with maths basics and also side by side devote some time to verbal (basic grammar)

regards

sason

I am from biology background. My grammar is also weak. I gave knewton diagnostic. Seeing what I got in that, I could not bring myself to give gmatprep although I downloaded it. How people get 700+ in diagnostics? Please advice some plan to start with. I already have MGMAT books, Powerscore CR bible, kaplan workbooks (both verbal and quant). Please recommend. I have to get 700+ somehow. I have left my job to study for GMAT. I can give as many hours as you suggest.

thanks

Hey Rakhi I am glad that you have taken a full length test. Now as you know where you stand now you can start building up your skills. Alright now you can buy a good grammar book i will suggest Wren & Martin, along with Manhattan SC Guide, Og 12. Try to solve 1st 50 questions for all the sections and after doing that check your answers and try to learn from your mistakes. If you find any problem understanding the OG explanation you can refer to this particular website and check for the explanation by typing first line of the question. Ok you need do do some labor here dear, Initially it may seem a bit difficult but it will go easy as you move further. Just Slog! Cheers.................

Hi Sasan, Hope you are doing great there with the Gmat stuff, Yesterday I started OG 10, I will try to finish it before next Sunday (9 Days) Lets see. I will suggest to take a Diagnostic Test and then move further. While revising the Manhattan SVA section i don't know how but something struck to me and now i got almost 100% accuracy with SVA questions that were almost equal to a nightmare for me some time ago. Edited by ashutoshcabm

Hi Sasan, Hope you are doing great there with the Gmat stuff, Yesterday I started OG 10, I will try to finish it before next Sunday (9 Days) Lets see. I will suggest to take a Diagnostic Test and then move further. While revising the Manhattan SVA section i don't know how but something struck to me and now i got almost 100% accuracy with SVA questions that were almost equal to a nightmare for me some time ago.

I was planning to take a Manhattan test with you may be on last Sunday this month What do you say?

What struck you in SVA? Can you write it and give us suggestions?

I have already registered for sep 2010 but will defer it to 30 oct. since one power prep disappointed me! i got 560 :(...i want to learn with you! let me know how can we start it...

Hi

I am also planning to give GMAT in oct ( probably first half) and currently brushing up my quants and studying SC in verbal ( referring to powerscore SC and manhattan SC),what are you currently working on and how much time are you devoting for gmat prep.

Btw dont get dishartened by a low diag score ,you still have more than 3 months to master the gmat :)

regards

sason

Hi sason:

well i have Manhattan series + Powerscore CR SC+ 12 ed. official guides...i have resigned from my previous job just for applying and writing my second master thesis..well each day i have around 4-5 hrs to study...what is your study plan?

Hi sason:

well i have Manhattan series + Powerscore CR SC+ 12 ed. official guides...i have resigned from my previous job just for applying and writing my second master thesis..well each day i have around 4-5 hrs to study...what is your study plan?

"second master thesis" ...cool :)

well I am working full time so only left with 2-3 hours at night per day ,will probably try to increase the time from next month ...

Hi Hanieh, I think you have great study material you can actually start with OG12 + Manhattan SC guide. If you have already gone through it. I will suggest you to revise that, See i am also doing the same stuff 3rd time. We all need perfection don't we? So I will suggest you to make a study set i.e 20 qs for each section + 4 RCs in a day (Obviously timed) + 1 hr Manhattan SC Look up daily. Lets just start with this i very strongly believe that your score will improve drastically.; Don't think about it, just do it............................all right? And yes can you please tell the individual break up for both the sections?

Hi Rakhi, Ur Post -------------What struck you in SVA? Can you write it and give us suggestions?.............

all right answer for this is -- Do SVA from Manhattan 3 Time line by line+word by word + between lines and between words. All exercises + OG Q's + Put your 100% and as you said that you are ready for 10 hrs of study I will be a matter of a max of 5 days and you will also be as good as anybody.. OK So go Ahead and give it a kick. Feel free to ask for help if you find any difficulty.

@ sason and ashut :Thx for your encouragement!

@ashut: 20 qs for each section + 4 RCs in a day (Obviously timed) + 1 hr Manhattan SC Look up----> this will be my plan from tomorrow on!.and since my quatitative is yet not ideal i will study manhattan series...But! The first thing to do is to defer my exam from 18 sep. to 30 oct...although i will miss some deadlines but its better than having a ruined GMAT score...is there any good strategy for RC and CR? i havent started power score yet but manhattan strategy was too time consuming and its not working for me!:(....and i wanna know how you guys go through timing...it makes me so stressed that every single minute i check the timer and its a big waste of time!...