Urch Forums

2012 ARE Thread

resource

Postdocs are much more common in political science and sociology than economics. But that is simply the nature of the game in those fields. My general impression has been that taking a postdoc is still somewhat risky. Obviously it helps if you can work with a big name guy and get his recommendation and/or publish, but these are both things that take a large amount of personal effort.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone else decided on Wisconsin? :)

Hi blr, I decided on Wisconsin. It was a hard choice for me, but I'm satisfied. It will be cold, though :(

Me too!!!! Let's connect guys. Have u guys found a place to stay or start looking yet?

Congrats on Wisc, y'all! I think Madison will be a great place to spend a few years. I think very highly of that program, I think you all made a great choice.

Congrats on Wisc, y'all! I think Madison will be a great place to spend a few years. I think very highly of that program, I think you all made a great choice.

Thanks resource. I'm definitely excited. Congrats on UMD; I really liked some of the professors there, and the location ain't bad either.

• 3 months later...
Has anyone looked into Stanford's PhD in Environment and Resources (https://pangea.stanford.edu/programs/eiper/academics/phd)? It seems to provide quite an interesting, broad foundation, and seems to give the opportunity to strongly focus on environmental economics and resource economics in later years? Would appreciate if anyone has any opinion on this as I've only just heard about it. Thanks!

• 6 months later...
Hey guys, does anyone get admitted in Wisconsin AAE program? There are some rejections on GC but no admissions too. Does it mean that the committee deny many applicants with their cut-off standard such as GRE or GPA?

I was admitted.

NOTE: We are in the wrong thread :)

Edited by Icculus