Urch Forums

Medeg 2012

carrotflowers

I got news, unfortunately bad news.....

Your application was highly appreciated by the Selection Committee. Unfortunately,

given the very limited number of scholarships available (only 10 were assigned to

MEDEG for the edition 2012-14), the Committee was unable to assign you a Category A

scholarship. We received more than 800 applications from Third-country students and

the selection process was very competitive.

Your name has been included in the Reserve List for Cat B scholarships with the

following ranking

nr. 15 on the base of the following scores: ................

HOWEVER, I did apply for a scholarship B since I do not come from third countries....

Sounds a bit strange..............

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sad to hear that Luciano, but at least you made it to the reserve list. I have a feeling that most of us are waiting and waiting for a rejection. And the April 10 thing is strange, cuz it implies that the decisions were made back then and we're all waiting because someone's lazy to send the results.

It is kind of strange, I am not interested in how many people from third countries applied, because I did apply for the scholarship B. It would have been more interesting to know how many europeans applied. Indeed, If I got it right, there is no competition between Cat A and B, because the number of scholarships for each type is fixed. Am I wrong?

I think that there is no difference between being reserve number 15 or being rejected.

Good luck to all of you!

Dear everyone,

I called today to confirm that I did not get accepted. I was told that everyone who was admitted and put on the waiting list was contacted... which means that everyone else was rejected. I'm just a bit surprised that a rejection letter or email was not sent.

Oh well.

Good luck to all of those who got in and for those of you on the waiting list!!

luciano, you're right about Cat A and B, there's no connection, so that piece of information was irrelevant for you, I guess it's just standard text.

pinkbunnies, thank you for letting us know! I still don't get why not to send all rejections at a time when they gave lists to the Commission review, they obviously don't need any approval for this. really irrational and full of inconvenience for them (hundreds of mails from applicants asking for resolution when it's already made some time ago) and annoying and disappointing for applicants.

I'm happy for those of you who was accepted! All the rest, guys, I'm sure we're about to get something which will be better for us ;)

Dear all,

I called them just now and learnt something new...

It appeared that (according to the phone call) they are still processing everything and trying to send emails out.

The man said, "there have been some problems with the one that is in charge of sending the emails".

And i asked about my application result, he told me that they do not have such information, thus he could not help me to check at all.

And he added that they would send emails telling applicants whether he or she is admitted by the end of this week, "or something like that".

So, anything else new?

Well, I am the next who got bad news....

I called the given number and was told the same.

Just want to say thank you very much to luciano, journeyG, pinkbunnies, Cheshire Cat and all others for sharing your news (even bad ones) with us!

There is nothing to be disappointed about. As Sir Winston Churchill said: “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm”

Good luck in your future attempts!!!

To be honest i did not expect to get in... competition is so tough, it is not enough to be a good student!!

What are your plans B? Which other 2-year Master programs you know in Europe?

In Germany for instance there is:

University of Göttingen, Master in Development Economics

University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Master in International Studies and Development Economics

Today, I received this e-mail, and according to that I was not accepted. Thank you all for sharing information...

"Dear candidate:

The Master in Economic Development and Growth Selection Committee evaluated all the applications received for the 2012/2014 edition and reached a decision.

All students admitted or in the reserved list were notified through email.

If you have not received this email, we are sorry to inform you that your application has been declined. The program received a large set of outstanding applications this year. Although the Selection Committee was impressed with your qualifications, was not able to accept your application. Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to evaluate your application.

Sincerely,"

I got the same text today :) sad but free now, I have been living days with all my emotions fluctuate.

Just a little bit disappointed as on the website they planned that "Admitted, reserve and rejected students will be notified by 15 April 2012 by email. Scores will be detailed in the notification letter to allow transparency of the selection process", but may be this year the number of applications are far more than what expected so these good things cannot be done.

I've been following the post from the beginning, and very appreciated the useful information at all of you bring

I want to post my thanks and wish of good luck to all of us, tomorrow is a new day and the things we learned to day will definitely make us stronger.

cheers

I am on the waiting list too. I received the same text like luciano.

Funny detail: the .pdf is named ilovepdf.com! They seem to use a freeware to convert the documents.

btw.: does anyone know how many apllicants do not accept the scholarships??? Maybe beeing on the waiting list is not such a bad result...

I think there arent many that refuse the scholarship obviously. Maybe there are one or two that got scholarships for better programs like Oxford and so on...

Did you apply also without scholarship? I did but in the letter it is not written whether I was accepted or not, it is only written that I am on the waiting list for the Scholarship.

Another question, where do you come from?

So by now everyone who's in already knows. I encourage you guys to join the MEDEG 2012 Facebook group, not just to meet each other, but also to help each other out with information about any number of things: visa applications, sources of funding for those accepted without scholarships, finding lodging in Madrid/Warwick, etc. See you there!